16

The first steps are the hardest ones to make, that's a fact and everyone knows it. Even babies know it somehow, as they prepare themselves to walk. They were not babies anymore, but they could somehow relate to them. They were young and in love, made mistakes, and never corrected them. They were stupid in terms of love stories, and they knew that.

That's why they did the first step. The woman entered the church to arrive at someone. And, as she approached the altar and walked down the aisle alone, he approached her too. Solar was too confused, as everyone attending the ceremony. Who was that woman? Why was Eric so mesmerized by her presence?

"So you are marrying her? Why didn't you tell me, Eric?" Everyone was silent, and her voice was the only thing that could be heard in the church.

"Jimin, what did you want me to do? I couldn't break her heart, we had nothing going on."

"We had more going on between us than you ever had with her!" The woman, Jimin according to Eric, shouted and her voice cracked at the end. She was hurt, and Solar somehow felt bad for it.

"Who the fuck are you?" A third voice was heard, and it was not Solar's. 

Moonbyul appeared through the crowd, stunningly handsome in a black suit and tie. She sounded angry, ...offended was a greater word choice.

"Calm down woman, I'm just talking to him." Moonbyul kept approaching Jimin, menacing.

"You want me to calm down? Do you have any idea of what you just interrupted? This was the most difficult, complicated, and elaborated wedding I've ever planned." 

As Solar watched Moonbyul approach the woman, she walked down the altar and approached them, stopping Moonbyul. It looked like the wedding planner wanted to punch Jimin, and she was not going to allow that. 

"Byul, let's get out of here." She grabbed her hand and walked away, but stopped before arriving at the big door.

She walked towards Eric again and everyone kept watching in silence, some of them gasping in awe from time to time.

"Were you really cheating on me this whole time?" Eric looked surprised, but not hurt. He raised his eyebrows and closed his eyes, touching his forehead as he had a headache.

"Yong, you have to understand me, you were out all day. You even told me once that you didn't want to marry me. What was I supposed to do, wait for you?"

"That's what boyfriends do, you bastard." Everyone gasped, while Solar started crying, her voice cracking from time to time. 

[...] "You don't know how much I suffered because I thought I could hurt you, my anxiety is because of you. And now I discover that you did not care at all because you had someone else in case I broke up with you. You are evil, and I don't want to see you ever again."

And then she felt it, the weight of the expectations and the anxiety leaving her body. She felt free now, like a bird that was freed of its cage after being subject of various cruel experiments.

Moonbyul was still waiting for her in the middle of the aisle, being object of attention to the crowd. She looked around, admiring her work of art. Then, she suddently felt Solar's had grab hers and she was pulled to the big door that allowed people to enter the church.

"Where are you taking me?" She whispered to Solar. The bride looked at her with shining eyes.

"Let's go somewhere together where I can forget about everything."

As soon as they went out and closed the door, they both stopped and faced eachother.

"I don't know if it helps, but you are the most gorgeous and prettiest bride I've ever seen." She made Solar laugh, and that was enough. "And you know I have seen lots of them."