Hankering

Chapter Twenty-Three 

London, After a Few days

Astraea sat in the living hall watching the fireplace when Laszlo walked inside the Mansion with Hector and Zale behind him. He walked inside as his eyes fell over Astraea. He sighs, watching her. 'It's been a few days she has been constantly sitting in silence and watching the fireplace. It feels like her cheerful self is lost somewhere.' He wondered when Elizabeth walked towards him and he watched her. 'Been there since morning.' Elizabeth speaks and he nods his head. "Brian?" He asked as Elizabeth nods her head opening her mouth. "With your father. Lila owned her property Astraea. They are getting the paperwork plus it's keeping him busy." Laszlo walked away towards Astraea. 

He takes a seat beside her as she shifts her glance watching him. "You home early?" She asked while Laszlo nodded his head speaking. "It's eight at night!" He knew she missed the hour count in her sorrow.  Astraea just sat in silence when Laszlo pulls her closer in his arms and rubbed her warm. He checked her fever was gone by now. "You wanna go out?" He asked in his British accent as she shifts her glance watching him. "I just wanna stay here in your arms." She says and he nods his head pulling her into the embrace. 

"You know presidents around the world have accepted the proposal to work together on a better environmental project. This proposal will not only drive innovation but employment in many countries along with lots other benefits that we can count on." Laszlo speaks about his work while Astraea hears him silently. 

"You work a lot for your people. You are a great leader," she speaks as he smiled, holding her closer and speaking. "Wanna get in the bedroom?"He asked and she nodded. Laszlo picks her up in his arms walking toward their bedroom. 

Laszlo placed Astraea over the bed and walked into the bathroom to freshen up and change into comfortable clothes. He was finished with his shower when he heard Astraea. Her sobs were visible as he knew she tried her best to cover them up. He wraps the towel and walks out of the bedroom watching her sobbing. 

"Hey!" He pulled her closer in his embrace while she cried badly holding onto him. He knew the grief was hard, but what it stronger for her was not being able to say goodbye. "I can't do it!" She speaks while he held her strong in the embrace, letting her know he wasn't going to leave her. 

"Everything will be fine. We will deal with it together." 

In the Middle of the Night Laszlo wakeup from the emptiness of bed, finding Astraea standing on the balcony. He lay back and rubs his eyes and face for while and gets up to walk near her. Astraea enjoyed the moonlight when she hears someone stepping closer. She shifts watching Laszlo away standing in front of her shirtless. 

"Are you okay?" he asked pulling her by holding her hands as she nods her head and he kisses her forehead. "Wanna share!" he asked as she nods her head negatively and he nods his head in acknowledgment pulling her into the embrace.  

"I can't sleep. Please make me sleep!" She asked placing her head against his chest as he smiled holding her closer. "Let's go for a walk!" He asks moving away as she watched him. "In Garden?" She asked and he nodded. "I feel like caged in here. Can we just go somewhere else?" She asked as he just watched her. 'I have been forbidding her everywhere since the attack and death. I have to let her free for her own peace.' 

"We will go anywhere tomorrow." He speaks and she nods her head. He held her hands and take her away to the bed and helped her sleep. 

Astraea threw up badly as Laszlo rubbed her back holding on to her hair. She gets up and washes her mouth and face after a while and faced him. "Are you okay?" Laszlo asked in concern holding her face between his palm as she nods her head.

"Can we go somewhere? It feels suffocating here." She asked as Laszlo nods his head. "I will take you shopping." He speaks and she nods her head negatively making him wonder for another place. "Long drive?" he asked and she nods her head negatively. He thought for a while coming up with an answer. 

"Milan?" Astraea nods her head with a smile as he chuckles leaning and kissing her lips. "I will get it done." He says and walks away leaving Astraea smiling in the bathroom.