Chapter 1

Lachlan's POV

We just arrived at this small town in America. My dad got transferred to a business in Iowa. We just got off a plane from Sydney, Australia to Rochester, Minnesota. Then we drove an hour to get to this small town. We unpacked into our house. It was a two story house with a nice basement. It was just my dad, my mom, me and our pets. My mom loved our pets. We had two show cats and three show dogs. She had it so the cats got a room for the training equipment and the dogs got a room for their trophies and beds. I got the whole basement to myself. I dragged my bags down to the basement. I threw them in a corner and looked around. There was a living room, two empty rooms, the utility room and a storage room with lots of shelves. The workers came down with my bed and a few other large items. I tipped them as they finished helping me move them around. I, now, had a living room, a bedroom and a computer room. It was perfect. I needed nothing more or nothing less. I laid down and fell into a sleepless sleep. I woke up to my phone going off. I shut off the alarm and got up. I walked over to my closet and pulled out a black shirt, skinny jeans and my favorite red hoodie. I got upstairs to find my mom made breakfast. I ate the pancakes and grabbed my school bag. I was not excited to be starting a new school. I got in my car and drove into town. I drove around until I found the high school. I parked and walked to the office. An older lady was at the counter.

"What do you need, dear?" she asked

"Um...I am new here." I replied.

"Oh, are you Lachlan Power?"

"Yes I am."

"Okay you can go into the office."

"Thanks."

"Your welcome."

I walked into the principal's office. I cleared my throat to let her know I was in here. She looked up from her paperwork.

"Hello. Who are you? Are you Lachlan Power?" she questioned.

"Yes I am." I replied again.

"Okay," she said shuffling through her sheets, "Here are all of your classes. I need to get someone stay here for a second."

She left and my eyes started to wander. I looked at all of her pictures. A lot of them were of the students. They were either at something or they had won something. It looked like they won a lot. I saw pictures of football, soccer, softball, track and lots of other things. One picture caught my eye. It was of five guys and one girl. It looked like they won some kind of computer tournament. Maybe I should join. I am very good with computers. I heard the principal coming in. She was with the girl from that pictures, the only difference was in the picture the girl had blonde hair and now it was red. Like Ariel red.

"Okay, this is Megan Smith, she will help you with getting around. You have very similar schedules, so it should work out. Here is your locker number and combination. I am fine if you don't want a lock for the first few days, but you should have one eventually." the principal said as she walked out to someone else.

"Hi, so you are Lachlan?" Megan said.

"Yeah, I am." I replied for the third time.

"Where are you from?"

"Australia."

"Really? And you came here. Why?"

"My dad's job transferred us here."

"Oh,"she said as a bell rung somewhere. "We better get going if you don't want to be late."

She grabbed my arm and almost sprinted to her locker. She grabbed a book and notebook and dragged me to my locker.

"Here is your locker. Your backpack will not fit, so we just carry them with us. We have Governments right now."

"Okay." I grabbed a notebook and followed her to Governments. She walked up to the teacher and they started talking. I assumed it was about me.

"Okay class, we have a new student. This is Lachlan Power. He is from Australia." the teacher told the class.

"Hello." I said.

The teacher pointed to an empty seat next to Megan.

"You can sit there, and here is our book. You are lucky we just ended a chapter." the teacher said.

"Don't worry, I already looked at the chapter. So easy....its about bills." Megan told me as I sat down.

"Like vetoing bills?" I asked

"Yep."

"Oh, I know about those. This will be easy."

"Tell me about it."

Government went fast. Then it was English, AP Physics, then math. I walked to Megan's locker with my math supplies.

"So what math is next?" I asked

"I have AP Calculus, I think you have Precalculus." she replied.

"Wait, you aren't in my math?"

"Probably not, I am two years ahead in math. Let me see your schedule." I hand Megan my schedule and she looks at it. "Yep, you go to Precalculus. Here I can show you where it is."

"Okay, but this sucks."

"Sorry that I'm so smart."

"Yeah smart-mouthed."

"Really? *eye roll*

"Here this is the classroom. Make some friends."

"Thanks Mom." I say as she walks away. I walk in to a bunch of kids looking at someone's phone. I walk up to the teacher and introduce myself.

"Hello, I'm Lachlan Power. I'm new here."

"Well, hello Lachlan. Today they have a test on the last chapter. If you want you can go down to the library to get a book. Jerome can show you where it is. He already took the test."

"Why?"

"Because he was supposed to be gone, but his parents canceled last minute."

I was going to reply but the bell rang.

"Everyone this is Lachlan Power. He is new here. You can sit there." she said pointing to an empty seat by the window. "Now today you should ALL know that we have a test. Lachlan and Jerome, you can go to the library now."

I got up and walked to the door. Another boy stood up and walked to the door with me.

"Hi, I'm Jerome Aceti."