Chapter 6: Heartbreaking Tales

"YOU B*TCH." We heard this huge smack and something ram into the wall. Everyone ran upstairs and watched with horror what happened. Jordan was walking out the door as Megan was leaning against the wall holding her head in her arms. Mitch and Lachlan both ran out the door ready to pummel Jordan. Rob went out to stop them as Preston and I walked over and tried to get her to look at us. She wouldn't with a passion. After a few minutes, I started searching for the one thing that would make her look up. I finally found it in her bedroom. I walked out and set her cat, Paris, down. She looked up when she meowed. She had a huge red mark across her face. She picked up Paris and started petting her. Just as she calmed down, everyone else walked in. Lachlan and Mitch had bloody knuckles and a few marks. Rob looked somewhat normal. Both Lachlan and Mitch went to clean up. Rob came and sat down with us. We sat there for an hour before Megan spoke up. "I'm hungry." was the first thing to come out of her mouth. It sounded washed from her crying. I knew Megan the longest and the best so , I knew what she was hungry for when she was sad. I walked to the cabinet and pulled out the can of Spaghettios. I warmed it up as she got up and sat at the table. I went and got everyone from their rooms. We all sat down as Megan ate her Spaghettios.

"So what happened?" Lachlan asked. Megan stopped eating her Spaghettios and started to talk.

"He....Jordan thought that....um....I was sleeping with Lachlan." she said kind of silently.

"Oh." was all that come out of my mouth. Megan went back to her Spaghettios trying to avoid any eye contact. Lachlan tried to say something but stop himself. We just sat there.

"You know what should really call the police." Jerome said. We all nodded at that idea. Mitch called the police and we all explained what happened. Megan said a little but, it was most of us guys talking. The lady we talked to said that someone would be over soon. Soon enough an officer pulled into our driveway. We let him in and re explained it all. He looked at Megan's mark and pulled some prints from her arms and face. I didn't even noticed that her arms were bruised from him holding her arms. He left as we started eating supper. Megan actually knew him. One of her friends, who work with her, that was her dad. He took really good care of us. She even knew the person that dispatched him to the skatepark. We silently ate and Megan went to her room. I finished eating, pretty fast, and went into her room. She was on her computer. She was making a video telling everyone that she would not post because of personal reasons. I waited for her to finish before I started talking.

"Are you okay?"

"No."

"Do you know what you want?"

"I don't know anything now."

"Well, we'll be out there is you need anything."

"Okay she said as she pulled in her earbuds. I walked out to everyone else discussing what happened. I asked what happened outside. Apparently, Lachlan and Mitch got to Jordan before he got in his truck. They completely destroyed him. I assumed we would have to pay that bill. I got out a drink and sat down at the table.

"I'm sorry." Lachlan said as he had just sat down.

"What are you sorry for?"

"I started this."

"How did you start this?"

"Megan said he thought Megan and I were sleeping together."

"Its not your fault. It was his fault. He thought it. He believed it. He hit her. That wasn't you."

"But...."

"Don't 'but' me Lachlan. This not your fault." I said sternly.

"..." Lachlan was about to say something before I grabbed his arm and dragged him to my room. I rummaged through my drawers until I found my photograph. Lachlan just awkwardly sat on my bed and looked up when I started talking.