Chapter 3: Groceries

(This image will make sense in a second or two. It is Fareway.)

The bell rang telling us to go to the next class. I went to Megan's locker. We went to reading class. It was called Individual Survey of Literature. I sat there reading a Creature in the Moonlight. It is a very good book. I talked to the principal and it turns out that all of us take computer programming at the nearby college. Megan drove me to the college after I talked to the principal. It actually turned out this was the second week back from winter break, so nothing really happened in computer programming, yet. We drove until we got to the campus. We walk to a building where Megan drags me to a room. We talked to the teacher. I had not received my laptop from the school. We figured out that I was going to watch Megan and try on her computer. After about an hour, we drove back into town. The way our schedule worked was Computer Programming then had a shorten study hall. As a senior, we could skip study hall and go wherever as long as we were back.

"Do you mind if I get some groceries?" Megan asked as we drove back.

"No, I don't mind." I said.

"Okay, and I need to check my schedule."

"You work here?" I questioned as we drove into the parking lot of a store named Fareway.

"Yeah, I am a checker here."

"Oh."

"What is there something wrong with that?"

"No, there's nothing wrong with that. I didn't picture you as working type girl."

"Most people didn't."

"Hey Alice. How's it going Erin?" Megan said to some girls who were working.

"Oh, fine."

"You working today?" Alice inquired

"No, I have to check my schedule and get groceries."

"Oh....if you don't close next Saturday you mind switching?"

"Let me check my schedule."

"Who's this? A new boyfriend?" Erin asked.

"No this is Lachlan. He is new here."

"Oh hi." Alice said

"Hello" Erin also told.

"Hey." I said.

"Okay see you guys around." Megan said.

We walked over to the produce. Megan picked up some apples and potatoes. We walked around a corner to find a backroom. I could tell that this was for workers because when I walked back there, Megan told me to leave the cart and follow her. I walked back there and stopped many times before reaching a picnic table and pop machine.

"What kind of pop do you want?"

"Um.... Coke"

As I said that someone can up right behind me.

"Woah, nice Australian accent. Better than Sara's."

"Oh hey Mac, this is Lachlan. He is from Australia." Megan said to Mac. Mac was a brown-haired girl with an My Chemical Romance shirt and thick black eyeliner.

"Really? No way. You are?" she said pointing at me.

"Yeah, I am."

"Cool, have you ever seen a koala? Do you really ride emus? Have you ever..." she started but Megan cut her off.

"Really? Leave him alone. We need to get groceries."

"Fine, but tell me details when you get home."