Chapter 10 : Storm Party

Vikk's POV

He was just about to when a HUGE thunderclap sounded and caused both of us to jump. We just looked at each other and decided to go downstairs. Everyone else was sitting on the couches and talking except Megan. She had been through a few bad storms and she was preparing for a hurricane. Even though we live in Iowa. She had canned food, blankets, towels and random essentials. We decided to tell ghost stories so I went first. We decided to tell the two sentence short scary stories ever.

"Day 312. Still no Internet." I said in the lowest voice I could. Megan faked screamed and everyone threw popcorn at me. Then, Mitch went.

"I was having a pleasant dream when what sounded like hammering woke me. After that, I could barely hear the muffled sound of dirt covering my coffin over my own screams."

Everyone went in a circle but it only got creepy when Megan told a short scary story.

My Sister's Sculpture

My mother told me about it when I was around 6 years old. She told me I wasn't an only child. I was one of two little girls. You see, she told me that when I was first born along with my twin sister, she died the evening she was born. She never told me why or how she died...or when they had the funeral for her. She told me about my Father going into a deep sense of mourning, and so to let us never forget my little sister my Father made a sculpture of her. She was painted to every last detail. Her cute blue eyes to the little dimples in her cheeks. My Father would copy me as a reference since we were twins, and as I grew up I thought the sculpture was of me, but now that my Mother cleared this all up I felt more close to the sculpture than I did before. It wasn't long until I noticed that every year; on my birthday my Father would replace the sculpture and now the sculpture looked the same age as me, as if the sculpture would follow me as I aged. My Father continued to do this well into my teenage years, capturing her older and more mature features and change in her face. On my 18th birthday I realized I could not sleep. I was wondering how my Father made the sculpture so detailed to me so late into the night. Perhaps he took a photo of me and paints in every detail? I was curious. So I decided to creep my way downstairs to see if I could catch my Father making the sculpture, and as I peeked my head around the kitchen door I felt all the color of my face drain. There, on the kitchen table my Father was injecting the sculpture with a liquid as he whispered "You will always be my little sculpture" as I watched the sculpture's hands twitch.

Right as Megan finished the story we all sat in shock before Mitch stood up and clapped. I was about to when another huge thunderclap thundered and the power went out. Instantly the power flickered on and off. I watched the shadow of Mitch disappeared and Jerome make some kind of groaning noise. The lights came on and stayed on when I realized where Mitch went. I believe he fainted because he was unconscious and in Jerome's arms as if he caught him. Jerome moved him up onto the couch and sat right next to him.

"Why did he faint?" Lachlan asked.

"Mitch has Ceraunophobia. The fear of thunder and lightning," Jerome told him, "and I don't think that creepy story helped any."

We just sat around on our phones and talked quietly amongst ourselves, except for Jerome. He was watching over Mitch like a hawk whenever he twitch or his eyes moved Jerome would see if he had awaken. It had been awhile before Mitch actually woke up and the storm was even worse. I was thankful that Megan had prepared for the worst because it looked like it could come. We all sat around until most of us fell asleep. Soon, it was just Megan and I that were awake. We chatted about random things until she brought up the Sugar Bowl.

"Why were you so paranoid at the Sugar Bowl."

I thought about trying to slip it past her but I knew that she knew how to tell if someone was lying. I decided to only tell her the half truth. "There were some kids in my classes and they are douchebags." They also bully me because I'm smarter than them. Because I'm short. Because I'm gay.

"Oh, I get it. There is idiots EVERYWHERE." she replied.

We continued playing on our phones until I got a Twitter notification. It was from Megan

All of us are partying to the newest music. It sounds exactly like thunder and rain during a huge storm. PARTY HARD @Bajan_Canadian @JeromeASF @MrWoofless @TBNRFrags @Vikkstar123 @LachlanYT

I replied to the pic without even looking at it.

Party! Woo! Hype out of Skype!

I started reading the comments and saw a huge amount of Merome, Poofless, and Vikklan. I then decided to see the picture and I then realized why. It was a picture of us in the living room. Mitch and Jerome fell asleep in each other's arms, Preston's head was on Rob's lap and Lachlan was on my shoulder. I looked over at him on my shoulder. He was so cute and peaceful. I watched his chest going up and down as he breathed. I match our breathing and fell asleep like that. I woke up to Lachlan screaming.

"VIKK. HELP ME."

I bolted up and saw everyone laughing including Lachlan. I laid back down and snuggled with the blanket that was near me. After everyone laughing spree, Megan went to make breakfast. We ate and just recorded and edited all day, then we had nothing to do so we went to the grocery store. Preston was on his phone, then screamed like a little girl.