Chapter 12: Being Brave

Vikk's POV

~Time Skip to Half-time of Game~

It was half time and I wanted a pop. I went to go get one but, some people stopped me. It is the mean one from my math class.

"Whatcha doing, fag(I do NOT use this word in real life)?" the main bully said.

"What do you want?" I snapped back at them.

"Woah, looks like someone needs a lesson." another said.

"Yeah, I need the lesson." I whispered.

"What? What did you just say?"

"Nothing."

"I know what you said and I don't like your sarcasm." he said as he stepped near me pushing me against the wall. A hand came hurling through the air right into my jaw. It hurt like hell. I tried to get away but they held me there. I felt pain in my arms, legs, and chest before I got numb. I didn't even know they stopped hitting me. I looked up to see the boys hovering above me.

"Where's your boyfriend now?" he asked before spitting on me.

"Right fucking here." someone said before punching the guy in the nose. I looked up to see Mitch and Jerome going on the other guy and Lachlan killing(not literally) the bully. They finished with the bullies on the ground Lachlan came over and picked me up. We walked out of that game with the weirdest looks. I assumed I was covered in bruises and cuts. Lachlan, Mitch, and Jerome looked a little roughed up but, not as bad as the other guys. Lachlan sat me down in the passenger side of the car and we started to drive home before what I knew would come, came.

"Why did they do that to you, Vikk?" Lachlan asked.

"Yeah." Jerome said.

"Umm.........They are some kids in...my math class...who...bully me......because I'm...gay." I was going to continued but someone interrupted me.

"What?! And you didn't tell us? VIKK?! WHY?"

I started to tear up. "Because it was always just words, they never did anything like that I...thought it would...go away." I said before I started balling. We just got home as I began balling. I walked in to see Megan and Hayden watching a movie. Megan turns her head and sees me. She gasps and jumped the couch.

"What the hell happened? Oh my god Vikk what happened?" she screamed at me as she rushed into the bathroom. She got the first aid kit and cleaning my wounds. She just kneeled there and clean my wounds without knowing what happened. She finished up and helped me walk to my bedroom. Lachlan was sitting on the bed looking at the floor. When he heard us walk in, he snapped his head to see who it was. When he realized it was me he got up and helped me to get to my bed. He played down next to me.

"Vikk. You know you can tell me anything, right?" he asked holding back tears.

"Now I do yes." I said before kissing his forehead and falling asleep. I woke up and Lachlan was gone with a note in his spot.

We went to school and decided to let you sleep. See you later. -Lachlan

I looked at the time. It was almost one. He knew me too well to know I wake up late. I got up and walked out to the kitchen and warmed some Pizza Rolls for lunch. I walk back to our room. Or my room? I don't know whether to call it mine or ours. Lachlan is always sleeping with me *;)* but I don't know how he will respond to this whole thing. I put in my phone and start to listen to music. One of my favorites songs came on and I decided since no one was home it was time to sing to my heart's content. The song was Brave by Sara Bareilles. I started singing along.