Chapter 15: Almost Done

CHAPTER

Mitch's POV

~Time Skip 1 hour left~

Our robot has been going for 78 minutes now without any major screw ups. We were all really relieved because the best 60 minutes are used in judging. Right now we can just sit back and relax. Within 5 minutes of telling people to relax, the only people awake is Megan, Jerome and I. We just casually chatted until an announcement came on.

"Attenion. Only 20 minutes left and then you are done. It is currently 4:39."

Brandon Adams said.

"Really only 4:40?" Megan asked.

"Only?"

"I thought it was like 6."

"No, its four."

"Huh. Whatever. Music?"

"Why not?" Jerome said Megan pulled out her phone and started a song. I recognized it. It is Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab(Play the song if you'd like) We sat there singing along like idiots until we heard the motion sensors go off. Jerome and I grabbed our Silly String because we did not want to hurt them. When walked up to the door and slowly opened it to Simon about to open it. He looked taken back.

"Woah, put the string down."

"Oh, hey."

"Hey...you guys done."

"We have been for......54 minutes." Megan said looking at her clock.

"Really?!? We finished like 10 minutes ago."

"At least you finished."

"Yeah, it was hard with the bags." he said as Megan started giggling.

"Why are you giggling?" Simon asked.

"I worked as a checker so this is literally my job plus my other job."

"Woah. Bet it was easy for you."

"As easy as it can get with this." she said pointing at all of the computers.

"Oh, Simon. I was wondering, if we record each other during the awards, if one of us win then we can have good camera angles." I asked

"What are you asking me?"

"Do you want to vlog us while we vlog you?"

"Sure." he replied then we shook hands.

"Vlog-ception." Jerome said behind me.

"Alright, you guys want to go to the hall before everyone else?" Simon asked us.

"Sure, you go with Megan and we will wake up everyone else."

Megan and Simon walk off to the main hall while we wake everyone else up. Preston wakes up after a little water is poured on him. Rob was just a violent shake. Vikk was tickling him. We had no idea about Lachlan, we tried a few things before we gave up. Vikk finally 'woke' up and walked over to Lachlan. He whispered something. Lachlan stirred but did not really wake up until Vikk started kissing his neck , making him moan. Everyone started laughing as he realized what was happening.

"Vikk, what are you doing?"

"Waking up my babe." he said. Apparently he is flirtatious when he is tired.

We lead them to the main hall and chat with Simon's group. Brandon Adams was a little scared by us being in there. We explained we finished a little early.

We watch his stop watch count down to the last minute. As it got closer to the end we all looked at each other. We all smiled as it counted down 3..2..1..beep. We erupted into cheers as it had finally ended. I looked around and everyone looked bad. All of us had some sort of bags under our eyes, except the girls they used makeup to hide it. All of the groups came into hall and sat down. Brandon Adams came in and walked up to the microphone.

"All right, who here what's a nap?" he asked us. Everyone raised there hands.

"I am too. So lets make this quick. We have almost 100 people checking your work, so you can nap for about," he said as he looked at his watch. "47 minutes. We will call you back when we have scores and places. Get some sleep."

We all walked back to our room and start cleaning up. I just laid down on my make shift bed and fell asleep.

"Benja? You awake buddy?" Jerome asked me while he tried waking me.

"What, Biggums?" I said rolling over.

"Its time to go."

"Really?" I asked sitting up.

"Yeah, come on." he said grabbing my arm and pulling me up. I stood up and almost fell over back Jerome caught me.

"Thanks." I said pretty awkwardly.

"Your welcome, buddy." he said.

We all walked back into the room and I zoned out. I was looking at a very interesting pillar.(sarcasm)

"All right, all right the winner are going to be announced." Everyone was really on edge now. I felt myself tense up and barely breathe waiting for the words to slip out of his mouth.

"The winner of the 2016 MCPT is... Team Crafted." Everyone looked at each other, shocked. The team stood up and I knew why they won. I shot a look at Jerome who was thinking the same thing. That was the person who was arguing about cheating. The only thing is that we can't prove that they did. Wait...the girl is not there. They make their way up to that stage, beaming. Brandon Adams held out the trophy in front of them.

"Congratulations, Team Crafted. Here is the..."

"No."