Seventeen

The hot air of Lagos tapped into the heat in their mission suits. Even with Tony's high-tech designs, nothing can beat the overriding heat. Daisy was positioned next to Steves's bulky physique. It seemed almost impossible that he was the same guy from the early photos she had seen of the Captain.

The only thing connecting them was the blonde hair and blue eyes sodden with kindness and warmth that was like a soft blanket on a cold day. Even so, he was oddly silent for his weight and height. That is how they managed to get up here in the first place.

Steve had cleared a path with her body that she might have left if she was given his task. Now they waited and listened while boiling in the midday sun.

"Are you not hot. Even though I'm part alien and I don't sweat much but still. You're wrapped up in a thick skin tight suit with a helmet that looks like it's crushing in your facial features." She Chuckled at his joke as Steve looked nonplussed as he looked out the window for anything or anyone that seemed out of place.

"Alright what do you see?" Steve casked through the network of comms to the rest of the team hoping that had more to go on than a normal-looking street market.

"Standard beat cops, small station and a quiet street. It makes a good target." Wanda's replayed as she looked around from her seat at a closed cafe. The clink of a metal spoon echoed through the comms indicating a drink was brought.

"There's an ATM on the south corner which means?" Steve asked to test Wanda's training even if he already knew the answers before.

"Camara, comprised escape routes." Seemed like she had picked up fast.

"Rumlow doesn't care about being seen, he will make a mess on the way out." Daisy replayed as she picked up one of the newspaper articles that lay spread on a small bed that talked about their guy.

"The range rover up the block," Steve asked as the period through the floral laced curtains to the stress below.

"The red one, it's cute."

Daisy let out a small suppressed chuckle as Steve sent her a glare, Wanda always had a thing with the colour red.

"It's also bulletproof, and in which means private security there for more guns." Nat joined in as she also sat at the same cafe looking at every possible way the situation could play out. "In turn, it means more headaches for us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right." Wanda's primary source of fighting will always be her power as hand-to-hand combat didn't come naturally to her, unlike her teammates. Even if she was undoubtedly one of the most powerful among them.

"You know, looking over your shoulder needs to become a second nature."

Daisy from her place in the building could almost imagine in full picture Wanda rolling her eyes at Natasha and the spy's intent of training her to be like them.

"Anyone ever tells you you're a little paranoid." Sam took his turn to join in on the conversation as he scaled the routes from up above from a nearby building.

"Not to my face, why, you hear anyone say anything. Give their name."

"Rather not."

Knowing Natasha, even if it was a joke, would give them a piece of her mind as well as her fist. At least the banter was better than Steve's seriousness of the mission on hand.

"Eyes on the target, Folks. The best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months I don't want to mess it up."

Steve made it his duty to get rid of every last Hydra member, Daisy was glad she wasn't on that list. It was what he was made for tho and she couldn't help but feel a bit bad for the guy that seemed to think he has only one purpose in life.