Twenty-eight

Matt was a firm believer in law and justice but when that system fails he takes it into his own hands to correct it, even if it does mean getting his fist bruised and cracked ribs. But being a catholic he also believes everyone deserves a second chance, using prison as a place to realise what they had done wrong.

Killing.

He's against murder by any means and the woman who was sitting in front of him was very much relaxed as he read out every crime committed making her hands covered with blood.

"Ms Johnson, you're guilty of First, Second and third-degree murder, Involuntary Manslaughter, Homicide, Arson, Aggravated Assault, Assault and Battery, Battery, Bribery, Counterfeiting, Kidnapping, Forgery, Fraud, Perjury, Cybercrime, Trafficking, Embezzlement, Money Laundering, Expungement, Extortion each recorded to have happened on multiple occasions, am I corrected?"

Daisy, as she told them to call her 'Ms Johnson' made her feel her real age, Which she had problems with, nodded her head. Their hair brushed against the fabric of the clothing she was wearing.

The racing hearts of two out of five in the room, Foggy and Karen, was enough to know that they were even the slightest bit scared about this woman. The files they were given good them more than they needed to know and the list he read out was just vastly scaled down.

Matt wasn't afraid of her not anymore at least. Their prior meets when Hydra was trying to get to him had left them both with minor injuries at best before they stopped trying altogether. Maybe he should be grateful that the person trying to recruit him was half the mind-saner than the average foot soldier to the organisation.

"So..." This time the girlfriend talked instead, seeming more invested in the case than the actual person herself. As Daisy lent back in her chair, Wanda lent her arms across the next and listing intently to each word said.

Matt sighed, running a hand down his face before straightening up, "I won't pretend it's anything good. Because it isn't. Look at the abundance of crimes with multiple charges on each with the added amount of people you have been listed to your looking at life imprisonment without possibility of release or parole. You'll be lucky to not be put to death."

The mood in the room decreased below the point that it was before, almost suffocating as their hearts were revenged in their chests. Except one.

"Can I have the room alone with the client? Alone." Matt pronounced which earned him three looks of confusion but they obeyed with a little persisting, the young couple sharing a small group conformation which Matt pretended to hear.

Soon enough it was just the two of them at opposite sides of a table. Silent as ever with the air conditioning making a sort of low buzzing across the room, or the slightest heat coming from the light that illumined the room.

Matt leaned on the desk, tilting his head slightly as he focused on the woman in front of him, "What are you playing at, Johnson? I just told you you can get a life if not a death sentence and you are perfectly fine with it. Last week you were practically begging me to get you out. What's changed?"

Her composure tightened as she sat right in her chair, "I've had a week to think," Her voice was softer, as if mournful, and she sighed, "What I've done, there's no coming back from it. Each victim whether guilty or innocent where brutally murdered or tortured before their fateful death. I shouldn't deserve the life I have. Sure Wanda May tell you about my 'horrific' past and while it's true. I was never manipulated like Natasha to kill, I did it out of pure boredom or just because I can. I was raised to be how I am, I'm just tired."

Daisy slummed back in her chair as she ran a hand down her face, she wasn't lying there was no doubt about it. She wanted what would await her very shortly. Matt had worked with anyone but people who want life and he can't say he wasn't sombre, the woman in front of him was practically digging her own grave with nothing to change her train of thought.