Twenty-three

Cold clamped around her wrists as she struggled awake, bleary eyes as she felt a sharp pang in her neck rendering her useless when she watched her ankles being bound together. No point fighting now, they were going to kill her she was very sure of it.

Trying to keep every hallway in mind as they passed through many doors became very familiar. Of course, they brought her here. The easiest place that she remembered was each corner. It dawned on her that they were planning to wipe her mind if not kill her. But then why wipe her mind if they can control her so easily?

Trying to listen to the conversation the guards were talking about proved a hard task as they spoke in a foreign language that she hasn't learnt yet despite knowing thirty. All she was able to make out was a hand full of words such as 'Stone, Whitehall, Shield, Power, funny.'

They dragged her around until being thrown into a stolen room. Pressure in the neck was and a very small amount of vibrations rushed towards her. The room held a violet light that had drawn her eyes to the source of it.

Her breath caught in her mouth as she looked transfixed at the stone. It was ethereal as it stood powerful against the bleak greys of the new cell. Instantly feeling drawn into the power of the stone made her stand with a thought as she moved closer to it.

"Beautiful isn't it," Whitehall's cold voice broke her out of the trance-like state as he came through the speakers. "Go on touch it, Touch it, Daisy." He was demanding her now.

She remembered everything that happened when Wanda touched a similar thing, she passed out and then was sent straight to experimentation so no doubt it would happen to her. It almost made her not want to touch it.

Even so, every cell seems to move her till she was eye to eye with this stone. Reaching a tentative finger to brush against the shining surface of the stone before being interrupted she felt surges of power erupt into her. The feeling of her body being tossed out of her body and thrown into space was so surreal that made her feel like maybe this was death. Everything was in an endless hole of ebony with no feelings as nothing seemed to be everything.

Her eyes seems to be watching everything at ten times speed as space rushed through her vision. The multiple colours of the cosmos seemed so close yet so far away. Two figures that seemed to be made of the universe stood in the midst of it all, surrounded by chaos as shouts and screams erupted around her and them. A never-ending pit of cosmic fire was swirling around, ghost-like before morphing into a shape of an animal.

Darkness swept over them as she spectated everything turning into pits of lava and an undead figure with moulting features walked around. There were very few peeling faces of zombie-like creatures that were shown to her like Tony, Pietro, and Phil. It deeply disturbed her by seeing some of the people she deeply cared about in the shapes of lifeless beings, yet she wasn't so sure where she stood with Tony now.

The rush of colour and starts against the ink black made her feel a sense of completion, no one has seen what she had before no one except Wanda. It was truly fascinating how much power one person can feel while in so much pain.

It was like being shot back into her body when feeling like her life was being ripped out of her. Her breathing was slow and ragged as she tried to breathe. Blacks clouded her vision which looked like the space she had just seen. Feeling like her whole body was on fire as every cell seemed to rearrange. She screamed in pain as she collapsed against the solid floor. Yet even a single fall echoed through her like a voice in an open room as waves of vibrations shocked her like nothing else.

Just as she thought she was on the brink of death power surrounded her like a cloud. The world around her felt amplified, she could feel everything. It was like everything at once. The rushing waters of the sea, trembling of the earth, dark lava deep down, raging storms and the heat of summer. The collar around her turned to dust at a mere thought she stood with the loud blaring of an alarm.