☔one night☔

🐧💜Ossy💜🐧
============

T/W: SLIGHT SEXUAL THEMES
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Reader key:

A/N: authors note
Y/N: your name
L/N: last name
F/A/D: favourite alcoholic drink
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I leaned against the cabinet for support as I cried softly, Yet another day of relentless teasing, name calling, insults and threats. Everyone around me hated me, treated me as vermin, as a problem that could only be solved by destroying it from the inside out.

I didn't even realize I was tracing the flip-knife in My pocket until I had pulled it out and was tracing every line of it in plain sight.

My thoughts were interrupted by somone walking into the precinct, somone rather unexpected at that.

Oswald cobblepot, the penguin.

I slipped the knife away, coming to my senses and looking down at the penguin. Needless to say, a notorious criminal walking into a police department of their own accord isn't something you see everyday, and i was incredibly curious as how this would play out.

I watched him walk to Jim's empty desk, then look around, presumably for Jim. He seemed to notice me staring at him, looking up at me and making eye contact before i opened the cabinet next to me, pretending to be working. He started walking away and i began heading down the stairs on the opposite side of the bullpen, i had no idea why, but I felt like I had to in a way. he looked at me suspiciously, and i simply smiled at him.

He came to a stop upfront of the un-manned help desk, and i stopped next to him, staring at the floor. 'WHY THE HELL DID YOU FOLLOW HIM? YOU JUST LOOK LIKE A CREEP! YOU HAVE NO REASON TO FOLLOW HIM ANYWAY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?' I thought, i went to turn and walk away, but the sound of his voice next to me stopped me in my tracks.

"Can i help you?" His voice was cold, yet I heard a genuine note of curiosity somewhere in it. I turned to him for a moment, building up the courage to say something.

"I don't know, can you?" I blurted out, immediately wincing at how stupid I sound, "I-im sorry, i-, I- uh, I'll go" I managed to say before i started speed-walking away.

'STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID, GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!' I thought 'NO WONDER EVERYONE HAT-' the voice shut up when i felt a hand on my arm. I spun around in surprise to see penguin behind me, his hand on my arm, tight enough to stop me walking away but not tight enough to be threatening.

"Hey, you ok? You were mumbling some pretty worrying stuff..." He asked, genuine worry in his voice.

My heart sank realizing I had said that stuff out loud, but part of me felt overjoyed that someone was worried about me, stranger or not.

"Yep, right as rain" I lied, smiling at him as sweetly as I could.

He was clearly unconvinced, but didn't press any further.

"Who are you?" He asked softly, looking deep into my eyes, so deep it was almost creepy, but odly comforting.

"Y/n, y/n l/n"