The Call

She makes the couch to her liking. I tell her goodnight and go to my room. After a long crazy day sleep soon takes over as I drift off into a deep dream land.

A loud noise wakes me up. I search for the source and see my phone ringing. The number isn't one I recognize. I hesitantly pick it up and answer. "Hello?" "Is this Y/n L/n?" I nervously hesitate. My phone must've woken up Hannah as well.

She gently laid a hand on my arm and seeing I was on the phone she whispered "whatever it is I'm here for you we can get through this together Y/n." She gave me a reassuring smile. I nodded at her and took a deep breath. "Yes this is her." I replied to the mustery person on the other side of the call.

"Hi Y/n my name is Alex Foster I was one of the officers working your case against Timothy Mason." I instantly get nauseous at his name as memories flood my mind. I grip my phone trying to keep my composure. "I was wondering if you had any free time today in which we could talk in person? It's a very serious matter but it's better discussed in person trust me."

I take a deep breath and nod "Yes sir I'm free today at anytime." "Great! Would you be comfortable meeting me at Lostwood Park in the amphitheater? You are more than welcome to bring someone else if it makes you comfortable. Bring only someone you wouldn't mind if they knew details of your case."

You hesitate once more trying not to vomit from all the new anxiety. "I'm comfortable with that. What time?" "Would 3pm work for you?" "Yes" "Great! I'll seen you then. Bye ma'am." "Goodbye" you hang up.

"I'll respect if you don't wanna tell me what that was. But just know if you wanna talk about it I'm here." Hannah softly smiles at me. "Actually it's about my case. With that guy Tim I told you about. An officer from the case called and needs to meet me in person to talk. Would you possibly be willing to come with me?" You give her a nervous smile expecting her to not really wanna.

"Sure! I will do anything you need Y/n! Like I said I'm here for ya girly!" I smile and hug her "Thank you Hannah you're a good friend." "Youre most welcome Y/n it's what I'm here for!"

**Time Skip To Lostwood**

I had severe anxiety about meeting the officer. I glanced at Hannah as we sat at a table in the amphitheater and she seemed calm and collected. Well I guess it's not that surprising she wasn't the one to be kidnapped then have an officer from her case randomly contact her.

We saw a man approaching us and I stiffened nervously assuming this was the officer. Hannah reassuringly put a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me. "Don't worry it'll all be ok. I got your back no matter what Y/n." I nodded and took a deep breath trying to collect myself as the man sat infront of us.

He extended a hand to me "Hi I'm officer Foster we spoke on the phone earlier. I would say it's nice to meet you in person if the circumstances were different." My face slightly paled at his last sentence not liking the sound of it. "Nice to meet you I'm Y/n. If I may what's this about sir?"

"Right to the point its understandable. I wanted to inform you that inmate Timothy Mason has infact escaped along with his cell mate Michael Stinson. I normally wouldn't mention other inmates but they escaped same day and together so we're unsure if he would pose a threat to you with Timothy. Timothy was arrested and charged with assault and kidnap among other things as you know. Michael on the other hand was charged with first degree arson, first degree kidnapping, aggravated assault, and homicide among a few other things. Do you follow so far Y/n?"

You were silent and didn't move what so ever. Your mind rushed with panic at all the information you were taking in. Timothy escaped and with some super dangerous guy who may or may not be with him now. You began breathing faster and getting nauseous until you were brought back to reality by someone gently touching your shoulders turning you to face them.

"Y/n? Y/n are you ok? I know this sounds bad but we will get through this ok? Please breathe I promise I'll protect you." You managed to slow your breathing and calm down with Hannah's help. You turned at the officer who gave you a concerned look "Yes officer I'm still following my apologies please continue."

"Good. If you need a moment to process just let me know. Anyways we are more than willing to put you and your family into a protection program if you'd like. We could also set up a security officer at your place for a while or until the inmates are captured if you'd prefer that. It's up to you though Y/n."

You take a deep breath and nod. "Thank you sir. I would like to talk to my parents about this first. If they're willing I'd like my family to go into a protection program. I personally would like to just have someone keep watch over me and my home. If he does wanna come after me then let him but have someone there to catch him please. I just want this nightmare over officer." You look up at him your eyes struggling to hold back tears of anger and disgust.

"I normally would advise against it and although I don't like your thinking I understand it ma'am. I will have an officer stationed at your place by tonight. If you have room and are comfortable with it you can invite him inside. Otherwise we will provide him with a van that has a bed in the back for him to sleep. I'll send him with a button to give you and if anything happens without him noticing click said button. It will alert him that someone is in your home assuming they've slipped in through an area he can't see if he's outside. Do you have any questions Y/n?"

You shake your head and watch him as he stands up to leave. You and Hannah stand up as your mind races with all the things that could happen. "It was nice meeting you and hopefully if we meet again it'll be good circumstances." You nod in response as you both shake hands. "Same to you sir." He leaves and so do you and Hannah.

Of course deep down you feel fear maybe a little ptsd and shock but most of all anger and disgust. You almost hope he does show up at your house so you can get your own idea of justice. You're so enraged you don't notice you've stopped walking and are clenching your fists.

Youre brought out of this rage by the feeling of something or rather someone touching your hand. You look down seeing a hand on your own then back up seeing a concerned Hannah looking back at you. "Y/n are you ok? You need to relax you're making yourself bleed. I promise I will protect you please release your fists. It's gonna be ok." You hesitantly nod and release your fists to see blood from where your nails dug into your hands.

"Sorry I didn't notice. I appreciate that Hannah." She smiles and nods while getting something from her backpack she always carries around.

"Do you trust me?" She asked as you tilted your head somewhat confused. You nodded curiously as she extended her hand. "Give me your hand please. I don't want you to get an infection so let me clean it." You hesitated but gave her your hand. She gently sprayed it with something that bubbled and stung a bit but nothing too painful. Then she put bandaids on your hands.

She smiled at you once she was done and released your hand. "All done Y/n you should be good now! The spray should have a numbing affect so it won't hurt for a while hopefully." You nod and hug her being thankful to have her as a friend. You have a bad feeling that whatever is to come next won't be good. She hugs you back gently and you both stand there as you don't want to let go of the comfort your given in said hug.

Eventually she convinces you to let go and you both go back to your apartment. She has offered to stay and you happily accepted not wanting to be alone with this officer that's coming nor be alone in general. You hope you're wrong but deep down you have a feeling things are gonna get bad soon.

Sorry for late updates I've had alot going on lately but things will start to get interesting in the upcoming chapters! I hope you all have a lovely day/night!