The New Guy

Y/n Pov:

I was peacefully sleeping till the annoying sound of my alarm woke me up. I groaned and felt around my bedside table for my alarm. Once I found that stupid alarm I clicked the snooze and sighed to myself. "Another day another dime" I spoke aloud to myself.

I tend to talk to myself alot seeing as how I don't have very many friends. I hear my mom coming down the hallway as our walls are super thin. She knocks then opens my door to make sure I'm awake and smiles when I'm already sat up in bed getting dressed. "Morning Y/n" she says happily. "Morning Mom" I reply with a yawn. "I've got breakfast almost done. Maybe 15 minutes left if you wanna grab a shower before eating." She says. "Thanks Mom" I reply slightly smiling.

I get together my work clothes and get a quick shower. Once finished showering and dressed all ready for work I  go down stairs to the dining room where my Mom has breakfast ready and on the table. I sit with her and we eat breakfast together talking about how we hope our day will go and what not.

Once we both finish I wash my plate and cup then tell my Mom goodbye hugging her and telling her I love her on my way out the door.

I grab my keys and purse then get into my old Chevy pickup. I turn the key in the ignition and it comes to life as I smile satisfied.

I check myself in my rearview mirror and sigh at my appearance. I've never been fond of how I look but I'm actually looking fairly nice today. I did my hair up in a nice ponytail (or other style if you prefer) and put on my small black work hat. I'm wearing a nice pair of jeans and my black shirt with my work logo and name tag and my good pair of tennis shoes. I've never been good with makeup so I never really wear it.

About 20 minutes of driving and I've finally arrived at work. I work at a nice little cafe called The Cajun Brew owned by Charlotte Tuffin. She's a kind lady in her mid 40s. She owns the place but works along side me and she's hiring for one more person.

I'm kind of nervous about her hiring another person to work with us seeing as it's been just me and her running the shop for a year and a half. As I'm sitting in my truck getting all my stuff ready to go in I notice she has a guy with our work outfit on with her standing at the door. I watch him and start feeling awkward as he stares at me with a mischievous grin. I sigh and gather up my courage pushing my anxiety aside and hope that maybe he is just happy to meet me.

As I exit and lock my truck heading to the door I get a good look at the new guy. I must admit this guy definetly looks quite fine besides the creepy grin. He has short black hair, slightly pale skin, two purple ball ear piercings in each ear, looks maybe 6'4 definetly taller than me, is wearing our uniform the hat and shirt and blue jeans, and he has these gorgeous purple eyes which I'm assuming are contacts but still.

I catch myself staring at him and quickly look down as I take the few steps left between me and the door. I go inside and walk up to Charlotte with a bright smile. "Mornin Mrs.Charlotte! Did you finally find another person to work with us?" I say with a cheerful smile trying to hide my anxiety. "Why yes I did. Y/n meet Timothy and Timothy meet Y/n."

She smiles at both of us and I notice Timothy has put on a smile losing his grin I guess so Charlotte doesn't see. "Nice ta meet ya Mr.Timothy." I smile politely and extend a hand to shake trying to be respectful. "No need for any Mr I'm not that old yet haha. You can just call me Tim." He chuckles softly and takes my hand shaking it. "And it's a pleasure to meet you as well Y/n" His grin appears for a meer second before disappearing again.

I notice his grip tighten on my hand as I gulp nervously and try to pull away. He releases my hand and I look to Charlotte who hands Tim a small book. I laugh in my head recognizing the book.

She had given him her rule book I remember getting one when I began the job. It has lots of stuff but honestly not very many rules and she even threw in recipes which I wonder if he has them in his as well. "Make sure you read everything and just don't break any rules, we'll be good friends as long as you don't do anything bad." She smiles at Tim then turns to me. "Now I have to go out today Y/n I'm having personal issues therefore I hope you don't mind training Timothy here and showing him the ropes. I've given him a basic run through of how things work but he needs to actually see things be done. Think you can train him and run the place today?" I try to hide my panic with a sweet smile and nod. "Heck yeah I got everything under control Mrs.Charlotte."

She smiles at my response and puts her coat on to leave. "Now yall get along I'm trusting you Y/n I know you can do it." She smiles and waves goodbye. I turn around to go behind the counter and start the day but when I turn I see Tim standing really close towering over me. "Heh so uh ready to start your new job? I'm sure you'll get the hang of it fast it isn't too too hard. All I ask is you respect me and I'll respect you just basic stuff. I hope we can work good together and maybe become good friends."

I smile trying to be optimistic and his grin just grows making my optimism disappear instantly and be replaced by anxiety. "Oh yes I'm ready to start this seems like a nice little place and I have an even nicer instructor. And of course respect is everything in the work field. Don't worry Y/n I'm sure we will become great close friends quickly." With that I gulp frozen in place then realise I'm staring again but this time out of fear as I grow paranoid that he may not be as good a person as he presents himself to be.

I quickly nod and go past him behind the counter and watch him follow me and watch me as I start prepping the coffee and tea machines to start the day.

I know it's not the best but it's my first and I'm trying 😅. Feel free to comment what you think or what I should change.