chapter 15

naomi

   "Keith! I swear to God if we're late over your shenanigans with your outfit it'll be your head!" I said banging on his bedroom door.

   It had been two hours since he had started getting ready for Marnie's party, and all he had accomplished was a shower. A twenty minute shower. Which means he spent the other one hundred minutes in his room finding an outfit.

   In that time, I had showered, shaved every inch of my body, done my hair and makeup, and found an outfit.

   "Naomi. I told you that you could leave without me! I just wanna make sure I look good" he says through the thick white door.

   I instinctively push the door open and all it takes is me seeing his bare top to cover my eyes. I was not planning on seeing a penis today, especially of someone I was related to.

   "Hey! Get the fuck out!" He yells at me. I hear scrambling and assume he's trying to cover himself.

   "Listen" I say with eyes still covered, "it's just a small dinner party, you don't need to put on your fanciest outfit" I say reassuringly. "I don't know why you feel like you're going to meet the Queen."

   Actually, I do.

   Keith has had, what I thought was an obsession, with Marnie for what I'm guessing is going on five years. He never actually told me but I have a very large hunch, being his cousin and all, I feel as though I know him best.

   I've also caught him several times stalking her Instagram. Twenty seven to be exact, and those were the ones I noticed.

   Since Keith arrived in New York, the two have been basically inseparable. I'll call him and he's always busy with Marnie, shopping with Marnie, eating with Marnie.

   The funniest part is I'm the only one who knows, they haven't been caught. Yet.

   Keith even tries to lie to me about going to hangout with her, I don't know why, it's not like I'm the one who wouldn't support their relationship. That's a whole other monster.

   "I just wanna look nice, and I have clothes on now" he says. I remove my hand slowly.

   He's wearing black fitted dress pants and a darkly patterned sweater. That's it. That outfit took basically two hours to concoct.

  "You've got to be fucking kidding me. That could've taken ten minutes" I say rolling my eyes. "Now let's go or we're gonna be late."

   The drive to Marnie's was basically silent, since we live together now it isn't like we have a lot of catching up to do with gossip.

   The drive is about twenty minutes, but with traffic it's more like thirty, and Keith hasn't said one word. To be quite honest, the silence is nice since Keith can never seem to shut the up for once.

   Keith finally breaks the silence while I'm scrolling on my phone through Instagram.

   "Do you think Mar will get back together with Dean?" he asks while looking out the window of the car.

   Considering myself a pretty perceptive person, it was safe to say this sounded like a question he wondered a lot.

   I take a breath before answering. "I honestly don't know" I say before opening the bottle of champagne out of the ice bucket and pouring a glass. I immediately down it like a shot of tequila. This was a night I could tell drinking was going to be mandatory.