chapter 2

marnie

marnie

As soon as I had pushed open the metal door of the exit of our school, Naomi linked her slim arm around mine and we began our short walk to my limousine that took us to and from school.

"Marnie, where was Dean today? I didn't see him in Anatomy and I had no one to talk to." Naomi questioned me inquisitively.

Now that I think of it, he actually never told me he would be out today. I hadn't forgot about him, I just had other things to worry about.

"I couldn't tell you, I haven't heard from him since last night." I said while checking the notifications on my watch.

No text or call from him.

Weird. I would have to call him tonight and ask him why he wasn't at school today.

We reached my black, tinted window limousine on the curb outside the iron gate.

Tom, my chauffeur, opened the door and Naomi and I climbed in and collapsed on the leather seats.

"I can't remember the last time I was this tired Noni" I said looking out the window and trying to keep my eyes open. I was in need of a nap.

One thing I did admire about New York was the busy streets. They were almost flooded with so many people that you never see the same face twice. People were also so transparent. No one felt the need to hide the truth from you, and that fascinated me.

"Well" Naomi started, "we don't have time for that today, it's Friday and that means-" she chimed.

"I know, I know. That means that we party-" I grumbled.

"Until we can't anymore" Noni said cajolery. "And don't complain either, this is our last year of high school, and I don't want to waste it. But more power to you if you want to bitch in your room tonight because your tired" she voiced with pure moxie.

You see, Naomi had a way of persuading me to get out of my comfort zone. She was the wild one in the friendship, and i was always the one that was getting her out of her own messes.

"Noni, I honestly don't feel up to it" I replied with my last effort.

"Suit yourself then" she replied while throwing her arms up in surrender.

After we dropped Naomi off at her family's apartment, The Loft, I stared blankly out the window at all the pedestrians on the street.

I remembered that my father said he would be home for dinner tonight, a rare occurrence. He usually was at the firm until nine or ten pm. I would ask our house chef, Martha, to make a special meal tonight.

I pushed the thought aside and asked Tom to take the shortest way home, I still wanted to take my nap as soon as possible.

* * *

chapter three coming soon.

xoxo