chapter 7

5:00 pm at the Alexander Residence

  omniscient

Dean was getting ready for the Gala that was later tonight. He felt guilty about the consistent lying that he was doing to Marnie and decided he would make it up to her.

   Dena didn't necessarily like parties, but it's always good to make appearances here and there.

All of a sudden, He began getting multiple texts and calls from Daphne's number about asking him to watch Posie for tonight while she was out.

   4:57
from 382-688-9657: I need you to babysit tonight.

5:05 pm
from 382-688-9657: Dean please

5:13 pm
from 382-688-9657: I know you see my texts, get over here and watch your child.

Dean loved Marnie. He was her first everything. Marnie had been hurt, so young and by many so that when she developed feelings for Dean they almost went to an beyond love. He knew she was willing to do anything for their love. They had talked about marriage, kids, and everything in between.

Dean had almost a near perfect childhood, his parents never gave him a reason to act out, break rules or do anything reckless. His parents loved him dearly and raised him right.

But, loneliness always found him. Dean struggled with conveying his feelings in a healthy way, the pressure of being everyone's Golden Boy, made him feel less shiny.

So one night, he found himself submerging completely in a lukewarm bath trying to go to the other side. He was found by his mother and when she found he wasn't breathing was sent to a hospital.

He was then put on anti depressants.

Fortunately, the story was never leaked and no one knew of the incident as it was referred to but his family and doctors who were sworn to secrecy.

That was the summer that Posie was conceived.

Posie wasn't made out of love but out of loneliness. Once she was born, he swore to keep her the center of his solar system.

See, Marnie had his heart, but Posie had his soul.

   And only the Lord knew what he would do if something happened to her.

   He started to change his clothes into something more casual, a navy sweater, kaki pants, brown shoes, and coat.

  His parents were already at the event overlooking as they were involved in the planning, they might notice he wouldn't show but it was okay. Dean had his driver take him to Daphne's apartment as he said he was visiting an old friend.

   He took the elevator to her apartment and used his key to open the door.

   dean

   "I thought you weren't gonna come" Daphne said sarcastically. She was wearing a black cocktail dress and black heels, her makeup was done and hair curled.

   "Do you have a date?" Dean asked while taking his coat and shoes off.

   "I do, I was surprised he would want to go out with a single mom" she said with a slight chuckle. Dean just half smiled.

   He then noticed a small white flash in the window, it flickered but he paid it no mind.

   Probably just a street light going out, he thought.

Daphne left fifteen minutes later after telling Dean where Posie's diapers are, her formula, what time she goes to bed, and etcetera.

Posie wasn't a needy girl. As long as she had her toys, a tv show, and a bottle, she would be set. He sat in the living room with her when he saw the same flash in the window. Dean walked over to the window and squinted to see what it was.

A camera. Someone was talking pictures of him.

He instantly closed the curtains in that window, and all curtains in the apartment.

Suddenly a knock was heard at the door. Dean usually didn't answer Daphne's door when he was over, she would. Her door didn't have a peephole either. Another knock sounded, then another.

He walked over to the door and asked who it was.

dean

"Who is it?" I lowered my tone to mask my real voice.

More knocks.

I decided to open the door.

Camera flashes were seen left and right. I couldn't see. My instinct was to cover my eyes. The sound was so loud that I couldn't hear what they were saying either.

Posie started crying, I assume she was startled. I managed to slam the door, but before I did I heard one thing clear.

"Dean, can you tell us about your daughter?"

* * *

an i oop-

what do y'all think? someone is not gonna be happy about this, yikes.

xoxo