Chapter 5: Napping is my specialty.

Papyrus held you close to him as he merged his soul into yours, he didn't know if it would work but he had to try. Your soul or what was left of it, accepted Papyrus's soul into itself and he watched your soul slowly but surely mending itself while his soul was still inside. His soul's magic and yours whirled together in harmony, it had worked... Papyrus had created a soul bond with you... orange and white smoke danced together around your souls.

Papyrus had seen visions of you and your life in the Mafia and your distant past, Papyrus felt everything you had felt as your memories flooded into his mind... Feelings of being judged, looked down upon and rejected had filled his soul... like you didn't belong. You had felt scared and insecure about him and his brother, though that feeling eventually turned into a more relaxed state but it still lingered. Papyrus couldn't find any memories of where you felt truly loved, only fleeting memories where you had been happy. Papyrus understood why you had left the family, it wasn't because you disliked them but because you finally wanted to feel accepted...

This is why your soul was so deeply cracked... Papyrus had failed to show you how much he loved you... this time it's gonna be different, he's not gonna waste this second chance.

Papyrus gently rose up with your unconscious body still in his arms, it would probably take a few days before you woke up again not that he could blame you for that. He couldn't wait to dote on you when you did wake, he was gonna show you that he truly loved you. He'll make it so obvious your dense self couldn't deny it anymore! He walked back to where he and Sans had come from, a few humans still tried to block his way as they wielded weapons towards him and by extension you... Luckily the group of monsters that Sans and Papyrus had brought with them had invaded the building and was taking control of it so Papyrus didn't need to exert too much magic to dispose of the humans and rival monsters. Papyrus main focus was to heal your soul and get you back home to where you belonged, with them.

Papyrus had managed to take you back to the mansion and as he entered inside, his brother instantly appeared in front of him, Sans had been waiting patiently near the front doors. "That took ya long en-" Sans started but his word got caught in his throat as he saw Papyrus holding your unconscious limp body, what made him panic however was seeing your soul, it was cracked beyond belief. "Don't panic just yet Sans, it's slowly mending itself" Papyrus reassured his brother when he noticed he was beginning to panic, he could even see his brother's soul emit an anxious feeling, was this how you understood what they were feeling? It was weird for Papyrus to see his brother's emotions so openly, if this is what you saw then how dense were you to not see how much they loved you!? Ugh he couldn't blame it on you... you had never felt the emotion after all and therefore you probably couldn't recognize the feeling.

Seeing as Papyrus had gained one of your abilities, he could safely say the bond was strengthening. "Uh right... why is yer soul inside of theirs?" Sans spoke up, throwing Papyrus out of his thoughts. Papyrus's cheek dusted orange "I might have been able to... form a bond... with them" Papyrus averted his eyes from Sans, missing his expression of shock. "Bond!? With a human!? I- " Sans was at a loss for words but more importantly, you needed medical care from a doctor immediately. "Alright you can catch me up later, let's get them to Alphys as quickly as possible" Sans urged and Papyrus nodded, Sans gently grabbed onto Papyrus's arm. "Don't blame me if I nap tomorrow away" Sans said as he mustered up the last of his magic and blipped you away to Alphys's lab.

🧡-----------------------------------------------------------🔷

Sans had instantly collapsed when they had gotten to Alphys's lab, luckily Papyrus was able to catch him while still cradling you close to him with one arm. When Alphys looked up from whatever anime show she had been watching, her eyes got big. "P-P-Papyrus! W-what happened!? Oh gosh, oh no" Alphys stammered and mumbled, anxiety flaring in her soul. "I'll tell you later, let's find them somewhere to lay" Papyrus calmly said, he could see Alphys's soul begin to panic, she didn't handle stress as easily as your average monster could. "Yes, yes, of course! The beds are not too far!" Giving her something to focus on really helped her deal with the stress.