Chapter 9: A struggling past and a hectic present.

"Can you even have two soul bonds at the same time?" You asked curiously as Sans gazed at you lovingly, your fingers intertwined with his phalanges, they felt soft even though they were made of bones. "It's unusual but not impossible" He gave you a simple answer, you had assumed having two partners weren't really that normal for monsters either. "So... how do we form one?" You hadn't exactly been awake when Papyrus formed a bond with you, so you were clueless of the process! This was really embarrassing and awkward but Sans didn't seem to mind one bit, his confidence had come back full force. "Seems to me yer quite eager sweetheart" Sans teased and lucky for you that your blushes didn't glow like the two skeleton's did.

"Just follow my lead like last time" Sans said as he retracted one of his hands from yours but still holding onto your other hand. He reached over to your device on your wrist that was turned back on and slowly turned it off, you felt that surge of magic but this time it was manageable so you didn't flinch like last time. He then called out his soul, cupping it in his hands. His soul was just as tiny as Papyrus's but you didn't comment on it, you could tease him about it later. You followed suit and called out your own soul, somehow it was glowing intensely. Was that because of the device or your emotions? Or both perhaps? Sans was captured by how magnificent your soul shined, it lit the both of you in a warm light, could a soul even shine that brightly or was it just because of the dark?

Sans reached out his soul to you, closing the gap you did the same and your soul turned upside down just like usual whenever you used magic. His soul bumped into yours but instead of bouncing off your soul like Frisk's red soul did when they transferred some of their magic to you, Sans's went inside of your glass soul. His and yours magic started to synchronise in what looked like a beautiful dance of blue and white smoke. A feeling of warmth washed over you, just like the time you and Papyrus formed the soul bond and just like last time your vision turned all white, you weren't losing consciousness again were you!? That would be so embarrassing waking up afterwards.

Suddenly flashbacks of what you presumed to be Sans's past memories sped past you like a rewind, did the same happen to Sans? Ugh you hoped it wouldn't show anything flustering from your past, he could tease you just fine without it. The rewind stopped and your body suddenly felt heavy, you looked around and you could only assume this was Sans's old room from when they were trapped underground. The room was littered in piles of clothes and was that a selfefficent tornado!? You weren't gonna ask, magic was just too mysterious for your brain to wrap around.

"SANS! PICK UP YOUR DIRTY SOCK" Came the muffled but familiar voice of Papyrus, this was like deja vu but this time you saw it from Sans's perspective. You saw movement from the corner of your eyes, turning to where you saw it, Sans was trying to move out of his single bed. All he managed to do was roll out of bed and his body hit the blue carpeted floor with a soft thunk. If Sans's body felt like your body did right now then you understood why he couldn't stand up, you tried walking towards him but collapsed to the ground with how heavy you felt. At least this time you could move however it required tremendous effort, you and Sans laid on the soft blue carpet floor. You could feel him wanting to pick up that sock but it was just too tiring, everything was.

The flashback changed and this time you were in the familiar living room, still underground. Your position hadn't reset and you were still laying on the floor but this time you laid on a slightly duller blue carpet with purple stripes. You tried getting up but your body still wouldn't move due to exhaustion, was this how Sans felt everyday when he was trapped underground!? No wonder he developed the habit of taking naps whenever. You were lying near the sofa in the living room and you could see Papyrus approaching. You watched him bring a blanket and tuck what you assumed to be Sans laying on the sofa, this again felt like a déjà vu like you had already seen the scene play out but this time from a different angle... an angle you rather not be in, please body get up!