Chapter 12 Finale: Sneaking out? Bad idea.

It had been going well after your kidnap incident but now, Papyrus was always around you wherever you went. You sometimes got away just for a little while from him by teleporting into the gardens to hide away or in Sans's office. You had gotten quite frustrated with both of them being around you all hours of the day and night and you had tried to communicate with them about this but all you got was "it's for your own safety" etc, it was driving you up the wall.

They didn't even let you outside the mansion whatsoever! You once tried to exit to give Bunar and Bunella a visit to their new home but Papyrus had quickly denied you to even step one foot outside. This just had to be a phase right? You guessed that this would only last for like a week more and then they would stop being such overprotective dumbskulls.

.... Three weeks later and they had not stopped, even Sans found you during his breaks to keep an eye out for you while demanding cuddles and smooches, which you of course gave but you really would like to be alone! Your saving grace was always Toriel and Frisk, they always shoo'd away your possessive soulmates so you three could have some time alone together. Just like today, Toriel had shoo'd away Papyrus when he came to look for you in the gardens again, you could see the internal struggle for him to leave since now he knew you were here. Though he did leave reluctantly, you always felt bad because you know how duty driven he is. When Toriel had gotten Papyrus to leave, she walked to you while holding Frisk's hand in her soft paw. "Why don't we go sit in the gazebo? You seem like you need some rest" She looked at you with soft eyes, you understood she meant rest from the constant worrying from your soulmates. You gave her a grateful smile and nodded and she led you and Frisk to the wonderful gazebo.

"Thank you Tori... they both have gotten way more clingy after.... You know... the whole thing" You were referring to getting kidnapped yourself and it Toriel nodded. "I would imagine... monsters do tend to have that trait with their partners, especially if they have been in danger more than once" Toriel reassured you that it was quite normal for them to be acting like this but you still had doubts, they didn't let you be alone for one second! "I don't know Tori.... I'm not even allowed to step outside the mansion anymore for some reason" You explained and you could see a mischievous glint happening in Toriel's ruby red eyes as she gave you quite the big smile. "Well if you can't walk out...." Toriel started but you got the gist of what she was trying to tell you. "If I can't walk out, I can teleport out... you do realize that will cause both of them to panic right?" Toriel chuckled while holding her paw in front of her muzzle. "Of course I do! Just be wherever for a little while before they notice and quickly return"

You gawked at her, that is actually a pretty good idea! That could work until they stop being such possessive knuckleheads. "When did you become such a schemer?" You jokingly asked but somehow her eyes got more serious. "My dear hubby has acted just like how your soulmates are acting... Though I only had to deal with the one dingus, he eventually stopped but I had my ways when he was in that phase" That explains it, so Toriel had gone through what you are going through now? That was relieving to hear.

"Moooom! This is getting boring! I want to play hide and seek with Y/N!" Frisk pouted and Toriel chuckled while ruffling their brown locks, making it look like a bird's nest. You laughed as you remember how Toriel would do that to you when you were younger. "Alright Firebird, I'll count to 50 and then I'll seek you out" You said as Frisk immediately jumped down from the bench and ran out of the garden's gazebo to hide. "I've missed this a lot, you know..." Toriel said with a gentle smile on her face, you nodded.

"Yeah... sorry for leaving but I needed it, to get out and learn while not being met with hateful glares all the time" You knew that Toriel understood that but you still felt the need to explain. "I know and I don't hold it against you... I just felt a bit nostalgic" She laughed and began to ruffle your head! And now your hair looks like a rat's nest! "Better get going before my child gets tired of waiting for you" You gave her a mock annoyed expression and got up while trying to fix your hair back but it still looked messy. It wouldn't take that much time finding Frisk... since you knew their soul scent pretty well by now.