What Happened And What's Going On

They went back. They had to after Eugene lied. Abraham had even driven them back to the church, pulling up right at the front doors. They all got out and Jasper wondered what the hell happened for it to get suddenly overrun. He tried to not let himself get mad about it. They could've prevented this if they stayed.The doors had been boarded up and walkers were attempting to get through. The only ones left were Carl, Michonne, Gabriel, Judith, and Alice. Where were the others? Where was Nate? Maggie embraced Michonne as soon as she stepped out of the truck and Tara gave Carl a quick hug. Jasper had been closer to her and briefly smiled at the kid.

"You're back." Michonne stated with a smile, holding onto Glenn's arm. He let out a sigh.

"Eugene lied." He said and Michonne's smile fell in disappointment. "He can't stop it. Where is everybody?" Michonne's smile returned as soon as she looked over at Maggie.

"Beth's alive, she's in a hospital in Atlanta, some people have her and the others went to get her back." She told her.

"Do we know which one?" She asked and Michonne nodded as Maggie let out a breath of relief and put her hands to her head at the news.

"Grady Memorial." Maggie let out a laugh and quickly hugged Glenn, she wrapped her arms around his neck and Jasper turned his gaze back to Carl and Alice.

"They took Nate but left you here?" Jasper asked Carl. The boy shrugged.

"I wanted to stay with Judith." He replied. Jasper nodded, his eyes quickly landing on Judith who had been attached to Carl's back. Nate had given him a quick rundown of what his dynamic with each member of the group was as they had aimlessly walked in the forest, trying to get as far away from Terminus as possible and it was quite obvious after they reunited how close the two boys were. Jasper still couldn't help but wonder what Rick's parenting tactics were. It seemed like Nate was right by Rick's side whenever he made a choice about where they were headed next. He wondered how Carl felt about it.

"This was important to him." Alice suddenly told Jasper, breaking Jasper out of his thoughts. He glanced over at her and then gave a short nod.

"Yeah..I know." He replied. When it had been just them with the claimers, the only thing Nate could talk about had been Beth and finding their family. Jasper knew exactly how he had felt about her. He did think it was funny how he never mentioned a girlfriend he had left behind.

"Let's blow this joint. Go save your sister." Tara had said to Maggie with a smile. They all got back into the truck, Jasper had gotten stuck with Carl and Judith. Carl had moved the baby into his lap and she made intense eye contact with Jasper as she sucked on her fingers. He let himself smile softly at her as Abraham started the truck again.

Nate had really fucked up. Daryl and Rick were having their own conversation a few feet away and he knew they were talking about the choice he had made since they kept throwing looks towards him. They had the two cops left kneeling on the floor and then the girl started talking.

"He was a good man." Shepherd began, slowly turning her gaze towards Rick. "He was attacked by rotters. Saw it go down." Nate had his arms crossed over his chest as she talked.

"Huh. You're a damn good liar." Rick told her.

"We're hanging by a thread here. He was attacked by rotters, that's the story." She quickly replied.

"You said the trade was a bad idea. What changed?" Daryl asked.

"It's this or you go in guns blazing, right?" She said.

"You know this is some bullshit you're spinning if this goes south-"

"I know. I know the good ones from the bad. Let us help you." She insisted. Rick had took in her story and then he turned towards Lamson who explained that Dawn was afraid of looking weak in front of them and their plan would most likely work. They just killed the wrong cop. Rick's stare immediately flickered towards Nate and he rolled his eyes and shook his head.