Chapter 6

Their first date took place at a bug museum. Shino was anxious because he was afraid to offer up more of himself on a plate but Naruto surprised him by pulling out a little notebook. She started to document every species they saw and Shino fell into the role of giving a tour around his favorite place to be on a typical Saturday or when he was feeling down. This was his sanctuary and he appreciated Naruto's genuine interest to get to know this side of him. 

"Do you have any insects at home?" She asked as they walked out of the museum to the next location that Naruto picked which was a small ramen shop called Ichiraku. They sat in a private booth and started ordering through the system at the table while they chatted. They had a way to diversify your ramen and Naruto ordered for Shino as she knew a combination that wouldn't set off his displeasure for strong smells. 

"No, I tried starting a collection but my parents are disgusted with the idea and my brother flushed them down the toilet," He sighed as Naruto's expression fell. 

"Well maybe we can start your collection at my home, I have a spare room you could use. Just show me how to take care of them when you're not around," She suggested and Shino looked up at her with a confused expression. 

"Are you serious?" He asked but he was leaning forward despite the lack of emotion in his voice. 

"I wouldn't offer if I wasn't serious," Naruto leaned forward as well. "Come on, this could be our hobby." 

'Naruto is kind,' He thought as he admired her features in the low light of the small ramen shop. She was looking at him hopefully, she wanted to give him this little bit of freedom. He liked that Naruto wasn't frightened by his hobby, she never showed disgust either, her little notebook was filled with notes on the different ones they saw inside the museum. He enjoyed how she looked up to him as he explained, her enlightened gaze made him feel proud that he had such a hand on the topic of insects. He liked enlightening her. 

Their ramen bowls arrived and Shino's as expected had a very little scent but was incredibly flavored. Naruto wore a proud smirk at that. That was another thing he liked about his girlfriend, she was keen on his likes and dislikes and catered to him no matter where they ate. She was talkative so she did the ordering and she didn't mind. It put Shino's anxiety at ease. 

Over the bowl of ramen, Shino accepted Naruto's offer to start their hobby in the spare room. The date then continued with Shino dragging Naruto to a new boba shop that she thoroughly enjoyed even if she nearly choked on some of the peach pearls. When the afternoon rolled around they were making their way back to Naruto's apartment as Shino was staying over to watch movies.

Naruto dressed in comfortable clothing after her quick shower and began getting ready for the movie by making small side dishes alongside the popcorn which was laid out on the small coffee table. Shino exited the bathroom smelling like her strawberry body wash and he quickly pulled on some home clothes as he looked around the bedroom of his girlfriend whom he was going to be sleeping next. It was sky blue and the bed was layered in deep purple with a heavy white comforter.

He headed back out into the living room to see Naruto in front of the television activating her Netflix account. She jumped as he wrapped his arms around her. "Shino doesn't scare me like that," She cursed softly as he swayed their body from side to side. They snuggled on the floor as they played movies and fed each other as they discussed the movies.

Shino felt warm, he nuzzled her neck as he closed his eyes as took off his glasses. Naruto saw this and immediately turned off the television. "You didn't have to," He murmured.

"But it would have bothered you," Naruto whispered as the darkness enclosed them. "I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

He held her tighter. He didn't deserve this girl, he felt that she deserved a better person but he selfishly held onto her. He turned her head to his and kissed her. Naruto's mouth was incredibly sweet from her chocolate. She moaned quietly as Shino turned her around so she could straddle him. Her warm body in the darkness made Shino aroused and he pulled away before things got serious.

"Do you like me?" Naruto asked as she licked her lips.

"No," The reply was instant, and before Naruto could feel downtrodden Shino added to it. "I love you."

Naruto's eyes widened before she kissed him softly, murmuring the same words against his lips. "I love you too."