Chapter 11

"You've become my bisexual awakening," Temari blurted out as Naruto placed a flower crown on her head. Naruto's eyes widened before smiling. It left Temari dazed.  The two were out on a double date, Shikamaru and Shino walking ahead to gather food for lunch while they played around in the various stores getting to know each other. 

Shikamaru is a dominant person, and Temari is also the same. This led to many arguments but they genuinely loved each other so they could work around it and stay together. But seeing Naruto in action, her doting on the Subaku made her realize that Naruto had the persona of the person who would have been her ideal partner. 

Naruto was soft. 

Very soft. 

And she complimented Shino very well so she could see them as a match made in heaven couple. Naruto was optimistic, wearing the emotions in the relationship, the whimsical diety while Shino was reality, the hard cold truth. He was cynical, focusing solely on the blonde and his efforts to ensure Naruto remained perky. She had no doubts about their communication skills. 

She could learn a lot about being a soft girl now. Shikamaru had made her and her sibling's life comfortable. She was the oldest, having to protect her little brothers from their parents. But they were out of that situation. Nothing was wrong with letting her guards down as Naruto had. "How do you do it?" She found herself asking. 

Naruto looked over at her and gave a mellow smile. "I just trust him, he leads me and I like to follow him." Temari smiled and nodded and they spent to rest of the time shopping while waiting for the boys to come back and set them up for lunch. Shino was attached to Naruto's side immediately as the blonde looked over the menu. When the waiter came over to take orders Naruto was ready to go.

"Alright, this nerd over here is my responsibility," She beamed at Shino before turning back to the waiter. "We'll be having the Pho, hold off on the garlic and onion. We'll share a side of rice and baked chicken as well."

The waiter nodded and headed off to place their orders. Naruto happily held Shino's hand as she talked to him softly about their hobby of collecting insects. Shikamaru and Temari only watched the couple as they talked amongst themselves.

Shikamaru had never seen Shino so keen to keep a conversation going as Naruto clung to him. There was a sense of deep adoration between them directed at each other. In some way, Temari believed that Shino needed someone like Naruto in his life. The blonde was his better half when it came to social situations. While Naruto needed Shino for more serious situations, the cruel reality of life.

"We should get more feeding when we're done here," She mumbled as she added it to her list.

"I think we have enough to make it to the weekend," Shino countered softly but Naruto pouted.

"I don't want to change it. Please?" She asked as she batted her eyes at him. Shino smiled a bit under his mask and gave in to her. "Thank you," Naruto kissed his cheek before going back to her list, typing away with a little grin on her lips.

When the food arrived Temari and Naruto went back to their little bubble of discussing the items they bought together while Shino and Shikamaru discussed amongst themselves. "I certainly have seen a side of Temari I haven't before so I have to give you thanks," Shikamaru murmured as he watched his girlfriend boast about lipstick.

He can't ever recall if Temari ever wore lipstick or any makeup at all. She was beautiful so it wasn't needed but it was a pleasant surprise that she wanted to dip her toes in it.

"I should be the one thanking you," Shino looked over at his girlfriend. "I want her to have some strong friends backing her. Temari is a great one."

"She'll be fine, I'm more curious about what you have in store," Shikamaru leaned over the table eagerly. "Surely nothing's off the table  when it  comes to Naruto." 

Shino looked over at her and chuckled coldly as he turned back to Shikamaru. "I guess but I don't want to reveal my hand just yet, things are still shuffling in the deck." 

Shikamaru wore a slow smirk as he turned to his food. "You're a sick bastard. You've always been." 

Shino shrugged, he guessed it was true. Despite being in an abusive household his parents ensure he had access to all their networks just the same. Whether they liked it or not Shino got proper results that made the family look good in the eyes of the public. He had a plan for them as well when he graduated high school. Just needed to gather funds before exposing them to the world. He wanted to tear down their company once he's gotten his fill. He had plans to bury them, maybe he should test out them on the Uchiha instead. It was tempting.