Chapter 25

Shino felt self-conscious as Naruto stared up at the home he had made a downpayment on for them to live the rest of their lives in. It was in the neighborhood of all their friends but on a block that was a bit away from them and the house itself was a fixer-upper. "If you're unhappy with the choice we can go look around for another place to live-" 

"Shut up," Naruto said softly. "I'm thinking about all the cool stuff we can do to make it ours." 

Shino pursed his lips. "You're not upset?" 

"Shino," Naruto turned to him with a grin. "What's happening with you? You've never second-guessed yourself until recently. You can tell me anything that's going on." 

She hugged him, grinning up at him. "I love our home, you did pick right. Who cares if we have to fix something, we'll get right on it no matter how long it takes. As long as we're doing it together. I understand that things take time to manifest and that you're giving me your all. I am grateful for that." 

Shino was quiet for a moment, basking in the comfort Naruto always gave him so openly. "When we first started dating you were out of my league." 

"Shino-" 

"No, let me finish," He begged. Naruto closed her mouth. "Despite being an outcast and having some difficulty with the conditioned learning environment you were out of my league because it was obvious you would get an easy life despite the blocks. You are incredibly beautiful with such a warm personality that can attract anyone whose willing to carry you through life."

Naruto puffed her cheeks but continued listening. 

"I am such an individual and it was merely sheer fate that you asked me out and we bonded so well. I don't know what you saw in me but I wanted you to continue seeing it. I'm a mess, my family is a mess and I can't give you the level of care I want to right out of the gate. But you understand and you cradle everything I have given you. I'm scared, I'm scared one day you'll wake up from whatever we have going on and leave me here alone again. I don't want you to walk out of my life because you're the only person holding me together." 

Naruto's eyes glossed over. 

"I know I'm co-dependent and that it's unhealthy. I'm working on it, I will seek professional help in time but I can't help how I feel. You're the best thing to walk into my life and I will throw anybody under a bus if they hurt you. I love you, I love you so much I might go crazy. " 

"You idiot," Naruto sobbed. "I love you too, I love you so much." 

"You were kind." 

"What?" Shino asked as Naruto dried her tears. 

"You were the only kind person to me. I clung to you because of that. You are such a beautiful soul and I want to be selfish and hold onto to you. I want a family with you, I want us to be together forever. That's why I'm willing to stand here beside you through the storm because you stood beside me when I had my troubles. I am deeply attached to you Shino, I'm not going anywhere so don't you dare second guess yourself anymore." 

Shino nodded and they spent the day assessing the building and making plans to call in contractors to start the fixer-upper before heading back to their temporary apartment for dinner and a movie. Wedding binders were scattered around the room as they had begun planning their small wedding to line up with the completion of their home. Shino was staring at the various dresses he could imagine Naruto wearing on their special day. 

"You'll be a Queen on our wedding day," Shino held her hand tenderly as they cuddled up together. 

"And you'll be a wonderful King, this is our day so don't think I'm going to be a bridezilla on you and make crazy demands. I want you to feel special too," Naruto said in a slow lazy tone which indicated she was feeling sleepy. Shino kissed her forehead, thanking god that he would be married to this woman very soon.