Chapter 24

*Four Years Later*

Shino received his degree with a graceful bow as his friends cheered in the audience. Shikamaru was right behind him and both men walked down the side stairs to their friends and family who jumped them when they were close enough. Naruto leaned up to press her lips to his cheek, while Shino cut off contact with his family he was grateful he had someone to congratulate him, especially since it was the person who stayed by his side during the harsh times and carried him when he was on the brink of giving up. 

Naruto was such a pillar of stability and he was glad she was so patient. He could finally take care of her and build their home and prepare for the future. They partied that night away in their apartment as they were heading back to Konoha in the upcoming weeks. The day after the party while everyone slept Shino and Shikamaru was on the balcony talking about the terms of the company Shikamaru was going to be investing in. Shino had built on this idea for the last four years and had gotten his company up and running a year ago but he was on the brink of new medical technology but needed an extra injection to go into test trials before announcing his success. Shikamaru was that injection and they were now arguing over it. 

"Just take the money Shino, you don't have to pay me back," Shikamaru was sighing as he was going in circles with his close friend. 

"You can have shares equal to the amount of money-" 

"No, this is your foot in the door to join our ranks on your own. I want no input in your company, you know as well as I do that you would be second-guessing if you had my shadow hovering." 

It was true and Shino hated when Shikamaru was right. 

"I will pay you back for this though, I won't let this kindness be forgotten." 

Shikamaru rolled his eyes. "Just hurry up and make me the best man at your wedding like you are for mine." 

Shino smiled. "That I can wholeheartedly say yes to." 

They shared coffee as they made breakfast as the whole apartment woke up to get sober and help Naruto and Shino pack up the last 4 years to ship to their new house. Naruto was still in their bedroom and Shino brought breakfast and saw her typing rapidly on her computer. She was focused on her task and Shino could see she was typing a letter. He reached out and pushed her hair back and Naruto sunk into the hold as Shino leaned down to kiss her. "What are you doing?" 

Naruto blushed as Shino turned to read it. "My vows," It was said in a soft voice as she tried to look away but Shino wouldn't let her. The vows were heartfelt, talking about their fun times and harsh times, highlighting Shino's persona as the person Naruto desired to be her only husband and promising to always be open and ready for him whenever he needed anything. 

Shino placed the breakfast in her lap and sat beside her, stroking her hair. "With each passing day, I grow to love you more, I am not religious but I pray to whatever god in this world that we have a beautiful wedding, a beautiful family, and all the beautiful things in life. I am satisfied with just having you by my side but I know you love beautiful things so I will provide a beautiful life for you." 

He kissed her forehead tenderly and Naruto returned the gesture. "The beauty in my life revolves around your beautiful soul Shino."