Chapter Eighteen: Mamma Steve

The moment I've finished explaining, Steve's by the door, car keys in hand and a wild expression across his face. "Wait here," he tells us both as he pulls on some shoes. "No, Steve. Just leave it, it's fine," I try but he shakes his head. "No, y/n. It's not fine. I told him exactly what would happen if he fucked you around again and I intend to keep my word. Wait here." It's no use arguing with him any further as he exits the house, slamming the door behind him and leaving me and Robin alone in his sitting room. "Should we follow him?" Robin asks but the words are lost on my ears, my head ringing and pounding. "Y/n," she tries again, shaking me slightly until I finally meet her eyes. "Do you want to follow him?" she asks, her gaze intense and unmoving. I shake my head, biting my lip and allowing her to pull me close to her side.

While I lay curled up against Robin's side, Steve drives like his life depends on it towards the trailer park, barely even focusing on the laws of the road or the way he parks his car. Eddie opens the door for him with a look of acceptance. "If you've come to tell me I fucked up, I already know, man," he sighs, not bothering to fight back when Steve has him against the wall by the collar of his shirt. "I'm gonna do a lot more than tell you," the man replies through gritted teeth. "This is a familiar position, big boy," Eddie teases half heartedly, stopping the moment Steve shoves him harder against the wall. "Don't fucking test me right now, Munson," he all but growls, his face mere inches from that of the longer haired man. "Here's whats gonna happen. I'm gonna talk and you're gonna listen and maybe, just maybe, by the end of this I won't decide to kick the shit out of you. Do you understand me?" Eddie nods, beginning to struggle against the man's hold. "Verbal response, Munson. Don't keep me waiting."

"Yes, fine. I understand."

"Good. Now, do you want to tell me, in your own words, why I had your girl crying on my doorstep for the second time? It's starting to become a pattern, Munson."

"Because I'm an insecure asshole."

"Finally, something we can both agree on."

"I just love her, man. And I've never ever felt that about someone."

"Yeah well you're gonna lose her if you keep doing this shit. She's got a lot more patience than I do, though. I would have dumped your ass weeks ago."

"I don't wanna lose her. What do I do, man? What do I do?"

"Prove that to her. Work on yourself and this whole insecurity thing and then prove that you aren't an abusive piece of shit because that's what you're starting to look like. She doesn't need this shit in her life. And I like you man, I really do but she's my priority. Keeping those girls happy and safe will always be my priority so don't think I'm gonna let anything slide."

"How do I do that?"

"I don't know, man. Sing her a song, buy her some diamonds, it's down to you. Just fucking do something about it. But not tonight. Tonight she's going out drinking and you're not ruining that for her. Just spend tonight thinking of something then get it done because you've got a lot of shit to prove."

"I know I do. Thank you, Steve."

"Don't thank me because I'm still tempted to kick the shit out of you."

"Go for it. I deserve it."

"It's no fun when you're accepting of it. Just please get this sorted because she's happier than I've ever seen her when she's with you and I know you feel the same."

Steve arrives home only half an hour after he left, thankfully with no bruises or blood on his body. "What happened?" I ask the moment he closes the door behind him, shifting against Robin's side to face the man. "We just talked, don't worry," he reassures me, taking a seat on the other side of my body to place a hand on my leg. "You still up for a night out?" he asks and I nod. "Good, lets go get ready then."