Prologue

The sun shined bright that day, beaming down on everything within the kingdom's walls. A kingdom was filled with cookie life from left to right, and shops and homes lined the kingdom streets. Light casted upon these things and brought it to life, as another day began in the world of the cookie kingdom.

Herb quietly watered the bushes in his garden, watching as the water dripped down the leaves into the soil below. Flowers were bright and colorful as pollen loomed in the air, making it noticeably harder to breathe in. This didn't disturb Herb as a plant himself, tending to his friends who he wanted to live comfortable lives. The wind blew and shook the leaves gently, with Herb's hair moving in the same motion.

"A bit chilly today," Herb spoke to the plants, "perhaps I should bring the others inside."

He lifted the watering and turned in the other direction. While carefully holding his watering can, he walked to his porch with his potted plants sitting upon it, comfortably facing the warm sunlight. Herb placed the can down on the porch and took a potted plant, holding it in his arms like it was a child. 

Herb strolled down the rocky path to his home where many of his plants were seen in the window, almost like they were watching Herb as he walked up the steps to his door. He took one hand and opened the door, still holding the plant against himself.

When opening the door, he was greeted by a smaller cookie, playing around with a stuffed cake hound toy.

"Hello Snow Sugar," Herb greeted cheerfully, "and what do you have there, may I ask?"

"Oh! It's from a friend!" Snow Sugar smiled.

"A friend?" Herb put down his plant.

"Yes! A new one."

"Who's the new friend?" Herb had leaned against the doorway, crossing his arms.

"They wouldn't tell me their name, but they were big and had a cool hand! They said they lead an army too! I asked if I could see for myself, but they said no."

"An army?" Herb had his suspicions.

Snow Sugar nodded. "Yup!"

"How do you know that's true?"

Snow Sugar took a minute to come up with something. "Well... I don't know, I just hope that I could see it one day."

Curiosity arose in Herb, "Could I meet this friend of yours?"

"Sure! If I find them again."

Herb chuckled. He wasn't sure of any cookie he knew that had a funny looking hand and that led an army. He knew of cookies that were in armies or fought, but nothing that would have fit the hand description. Herb shook off the thought, and remembered about the plants.

"Say, Snow Sugar?" Herb called out.

Snow Sugar gave their full attention to Herb. "Yeah?"

"Can you help me for a moment? I have a few friends who need to be carried inside, can you do that for me?" He politely asked.

"Yup!" Snow Sugar agreed, dropping the toy on the ground.

Herb held out his hand, allowing Snow Sugar to hold onto it as they walked outside. They walked down the path together, hand in hand, as they approached the garden. Snow Sugar's eyes widened open to the sight of the flowers scattered across the garden, colors of the pedals and vines filled the entire place.

"Oh my..." Snow Sugar whispered in astonishment.

"Do you like it?" Herb leaned over to Snow Sugar.

"Yeah! It's pretty!" They jumped around childishly.