Chapter 6

Herb was laying on his bed, staring up into the ceiling of his bedroom with his arms crossed behind his head. He whistled a small tune, barely entertaining himself as he sat there helplessly. Herb's been struggling with a massive issue with boredom recently since he's been sitting inside for the past week now. 

He would sit on his bed for a few minutes before deciding to do something about his boredom, slowing rising from his bed and making his way to his bookshelf. Scanning through the selection, he realized the alarming amount of gardening books he had. How to plant, how to tend, different species, special growing areas, where to find the best supplies, all of the bare necessities of his hobby. 

After staring for a while, a book looked unfamiliar to him, and certainly didn't look like something he would grab for himself while in the library. 

Collections of Myths and Tales. 

Interesting, Herb thought. He slid the book out from the shelf, placing it in front of him. With a blow, dust flew off the cover and into the air, causing Herb to scrunch up his nose. The cover of the book was a black hard cover with a golden emblem embedded below the title. The emblem was some sort of snake consuming itself from the tail, making a loop within itself. 

"That looks rather unpleasant."

Herb ignored the strangeness of the cover and travelled out his room to go downstairs. Upon entering his living room, he sat back into his good old reliable couch. He took a moment to stare at the cover again, seeing if he could decipher the emblem if he looked hard enough. Nothing came to mind. 

He finally opened the book, seeing a table of contents on the first page. 

The wind was even harsher that day, getting stronger and stronger with each step. Werewolf's plan seemed to have failed, now regretting that he didn't go visit Herb sooner. Either way, he knew that if he had waited any longer it would be much worse. To make matters worse, the blizzard had created such a thick fog that even the sun was being blocked out, making it incredibly hard to travel through. 

Persevering through the snow, he had finally found a few buildings in his sight after walking for several minutes. Werewolf carefully shifted himself to the side, seeing if he could find a sidewalk to go on as he continued his search. He didn't have much luck with the strong winds. 

What he did have luck with was being able to compose himself in the winds. As he walked, he held the letter in his hand as tightly as he could as his strength was weakening. The temptation to let go of the letter was great, but Werewolf just kept holding on. 

After a while, he soon found himself at a set of familiar stairs in front of a home. Desperately grabbing the railing, Werewolf swung himself up the first step, keeping his stance towards the door. He readjusted to the wind, then slowly made his way up each step, taking a moment to balance himself every time. Making it to the door, Werewolf placed his weakened hand on the door, knocking as loud as he can without being alarming. 

Herb was startled by the knocking, whipping his head around to see what caused the noise. Seeing no one, he stood up from the couch and went to the door.

"Coming!" Herb hurried to open the door, "just a moment!"

Opening the door immediately followed with the aggressive winds from outside, causing the door to fling out of Herb's grasp. In a split second, Werewolf caught the door before it could slam against the wall, making his way in. 

"Oh, Werewolf!" Herb exclaimed excitedly, "that was a bit sudden, wasn't it?"

Werewolf shut the door, "surely."