Chapter 8

There was a point when the blizzard no longer had its frightful affects. The howling wasn't worth worrying over anymore and the snow was now the norm. The winds did its best to detour the cookies of the kingdom, but now they were well adjusted.

A few more cookies walked around outside now, gathering up the courage to face the winds as they now were behind on their jobs and errands; they couldn't stop for anything now, not even for a blizzard. Latte had decided to be one of these cookies, walking amidst the forces of nature for her own purposes: another snowy day wouldn't stop her. She walked by some notable shops that had remained opened for the duration of the blizzard. She even noticed a little potion shop that had its door slightly open.

Walking past the buildings, she stumbled upon Herb's house and began to knock on his door. She started with three knocks, then spoke closely to the door.

"Hey!" She huffed, "it's me, Latte Cookie! Did you get my letter?"

Latte waited patiently, huddling herself as the winds crept up on her. There wasn't a response at the door.

"Herb? Herb Cookie? Hello?"

Her teeth chattered. After a few seconds, the doorknob began twisting on the other side. She smiled, awaiting the moment the door would click open, but it never did. The twisting stopped.

"Uhm, having problems there? I'll wait, don't worry!" She reassured the person on the other side.

She watched the knob, seeing as it no longer moved. Latte quickly observed her surroundings as she waited, then catching a glimpse of a window nearby the door. There was a curtain that was covering it within the house, but that didn't stop Latte's curiosity from wanting to see if she could take a peek inside. Before she did, see looked once more at the knob, seeing as it didn't move an inch.

It wouldn't hurt to leave just for a second, Latte thought to herself. She leapt down from the stairs of Herb's home, coming over to the window and stood on the tip of her toes in order to make herself tall enough to look inside.

Luckily, she was able to see just a little bit inside since the curtain didn't cover the window completely. To the side, she saw someone else trying to open the door, fumbling around with a key within their hands. It was a much larger cookie and its figure looked nothing like Herb, unless Herb started a very rigorous exercise routine the last time they met.

She quickly climbed back up the steps, hearing as the knob began twisting again. This time, as Latte had just made it to the door, the door opened revealing Werewolf Cookie on the other side.

"Oh," Latte had a surprised look on her face, "is, uhm, Herb Cookie home?"

Werewolf squinted at Latte for a moment, "why do you care?"

She stuttered on her words a bit, "Well, I... I sent a letter a few days earlier to him and I, uhm... wanted to stop by?"

Latte wasn't sure what fear overcame her at that moment. Whoever this was standing in front of her wasn't making her scared, but some kind of aura was admitting off of him that made her uncomfortable. He sighed before he responded back.

"Latte Cookie, right? That's who you are?"

She nodded, "yes! That's me! I wrote my signature on the-"

Werewolf interrupted her, "I know. I saw the letter. Come in."

Werewolf walked to the side, letting her walk through. The house was much warmer and comfortable, instantly putting Latte at ease as she removed her hat politely.

"Ah... so nice. Herb must feel great staying in here all day."

Werewolf didn't respond. He closed the door and went by Latte, signaling her to follow him.