Chapter 4

Herb watched as the two cookies played in the snow, throwing snowballs back and forth to each other. Herb smiled at the sight and waited for a bit, letting them play around a bit longer.

Werewolf had finally created a strategy to make his snowballs more firm, putting up a challenge against Snow Sugar. Snow Sugar giggled with each hit of snow against their coat. Werewolf continued to go along with the fight, falling down every time he got hit.

"AAGH!" Werewolf called out, "I've been hit!"

Snow Sugar ran over to Werewolf, carrying a pile of snow in their arms. "Avalanche!" Snow Sugar announced.

They poured down the snow from their arms, watching as Werewolf became submerged into the snow. Werewolf swung his arms out, desperately swinging around for any sign of Snow Sugar's presence. Werewolf's words were muffled under the snow while Snow Sugar could barely hold in their laugh.

After a bit, Snow Sugar finally freed Werewolf from the snow pile by helping him wipe it off of himself.

"Ah! I'm free!" Werewolf sprung from the ground.

"Not yet!" Snow Sugar challenged him once more.

Snow Sugar threw a hidden snowball at Werewolf, causing snow to splatter on his back.

"No! I just got back up!" Werewolf fell to his knees, letting Snow Sugar throw a few more snowballs.

Before anymore snowballs could be thrown, someone spoke up. "I think that's enough you two."

Werewolf and Snow Sugar turned around to see Herb standing above them with his arms crossed.

"Awww, but we were having fun!" Snow Sugar pouted.

"I know! I saw you two," Herb smirked at Werewolf.

Werewolf was unimpressed, standing up and brushing himself off as he returned to his aggressive attitude. "Don't give me that look."

"Why not? I didn't know you enjoyed children games so much," Herb teased.

"...you would have done it too."

Snow Sugar butt into the conversation, "you do snowball fights too, Herb!"

Werewolf gave Herb a strict look in response to Snow Sugar.

"Okay, okay. I get it, but we need to bring Snow Sugar home now."

Snow Sugar hung their head down in disappointment and walked over to Herb. Werewolf watched as Snow Sugar went to Herb's side.

"Thanks once again for looking out for them," Herb grinned.

Werewolf looked away and frowned, "I wasn't looking out for Snow Sugar. I just noticed that they were lonely."

"I see. You must get lonely sitting here in the snow too."

"I don't need your pity."

Herb sighed and gently looked towards Snow Sugar, "I wasn't pitying you, I was just observing. Snow Sugar seems to notice as well."

Snow Sugar raised their head up to the mentioning of their name, "yeah! Werewolf always walks around by himself here. I was alone here too."

"And he accompanied you, right?"

"That's right!" Snow Sugar exclaimed.

Werewolf angrily crossed his arms. Herb couldn't help but giggle at Werewolf's defeat in the conversation.

"You know, you don't have to be," Herb explained.

"I don't have to be what?" Werewolf became confused.