Chapter 5

Finals were approaching faster than I could even comprehend. After the internship, we have a week to prepare for finals, and immediately afterward, we're leaving for training camp. Assuming we pass, anyways. Aizawa said that anyone who fails one or both parts of the final exam won't be allowed to come to the training camp because they'll need to attend supplemental classes and take the final exam again. Anyone who fails both parts will be lucky if they're not expelled from the hero course entirely. And after seeing how much he wants Shinso in the hero course, I believe him.

Not only am I terrified of failing because Endeavor would kill me if I did, but I'm also scared to disappoint Aizawa. At the end of the internship, he made me a deal. He said that if I can pass both parts of the final exam and perform well at the training camp, he'll allow me to be his intern full time. He's never taken on a long-term intern before, but according to him, I'm easy to work with and do the job well. I don't want to screw that up. If I can't pass this test, I won't get the opportunity to work with Aizawa again, and I'll have forced him to give up on me, just like Endeavor has. I have to prove that I'm good enough this time.

"Oi! Icy, get your head out of your ass! What the hell kind of math do you think you're doing?"

"It looks fine to me, bro." Kiri shrugged and copied my answer onto his paper. I rolled my eyes and shoved his shoulder a bit. Kiri looked at me sheepishly, silently asking if he could keep copying. I just rolled my eyes and shoved my paper in his direction.

"That's because your grades are low," Shoto said flatly. I held back a laugh, trying not to make too much fun of Kiri. His grades are low, but he doesn't necessarily deserve to get crap for it from all of us. Just Bakugo and Shoto will do. "If you didn't copy the work, they'd probably be better."

"It's fine, Sho." I waved my hands in front of my face. "Ei's been copying my math homework since middle school. I don't really care."

"Well, you fucking should," Bakugo yelled, thumping me on the head with a rolled-up piece of paper as he does to Kaminari any time he studies with us. I glared half-heartedly at him in response. "Especially if half of your answers are shitty."

"They are not. My answers are fine!" I may not be great at math, but there's no way that I got that many wrong. No way.

"Half of them are wrong," Bakugo argued. I scoffed and looked back at my paper in disdain.

"How would you know? Who made you the math police?"

"I fucking did when you started sucking at math!"

"I do not suck at math." I crossed my arms over my chest and glared harshly at Bakugo. That's a lie. I'm pretty terrible at math. It's definitely my worst subject. But Bakugo doesn't have to bring that up!

"You kind of do," Shoto added with a shrug. I gasped and turned to my brother in betrayal.

"You're supposed to be on my side, Sho! Not agree with Blasty!" Shoto just gave me a deadpan look that silently explained that he was done with my crap.

"You're acting worse than fucking Pinky. Just shut up and fix your homework," Bakugo grumbled as he made circles around the numbers that I apparently got wrong. I looked down at my paper in offense. I really did get about half of them wrong. Huh. Usually, I'm not this terrible at math. I must be more worried about the test than I thought.

"Hey! Why don't you ever tell me which questions I missed! Totally not manly, bro," Kiri argued, looking over at my paper to see which ones weren't right. "I need a higher grade than she does to pass the final!"

"Sounds like a fucking personal problem," Bakugo huffed and rolled his eyes before looking back at me mischievously. I smirked at him before turning my attention back to the incorrect problems so that I could fix them.