Chapter 8

"In light of recent events, U.A. is creating a dorm system," Aizawa explained. "It will allow us to keep a better eye on the students and protect them against villain attacks."

"Students will live on campus during the school year. They'll be able to come home for holidays and one weekend every month," Present Mic added.

I loved the idea. Everything about it sounded absolutely amazing! I'd get to live with my friends, be closer to the training facilities that I like, and most importantly, I'd get away from Endeavor for most of the year. It sounded like a dream come true.

"Absolutely not," Endeavor grunted, sending my dream crashing into the fiery pits below us. "U.A. cannot protect Shoto as well as I can. I am the number two hero. My children can live here safely."

"It's not optional for hero course students," Aizawa continued. "If the parents would like their children to continue at U.A. in the hero course, they must agree to the dorm system."

"And allow Shoto to miss out on training? No. He will continue in the hero course and live at home," Endeavor argued.

I could feel my pulse rising in my chest. Of fucking course Endeavor is only worried about Shoto. Not about my training or my education. Why would it matter, as long as Sho comes out on top.

"Both of your children are still welcome in the hero course, even after being a part of an unauthorized rescue mission," Present Mic said pointedly, looking between Sho and I. "They will both still receive training, but they must live in the dorms."

"Shoto is about to sign on as my full time intern. He'll need to be close to me so I can oversee the development of his fire quirk. He will not live in the dorms. It is not adequate for him!"

My blood started boiling under my skin. I scratched at my wrist, trying to ground myself, but I could feel that I was losing the battle quickly.

"Hana has already signed on as my intern," Aizawa said coolly. "The way I see it, she'll be closer to the training facilities designed to help her become a hero. She can actually train more frequently. The same would go for Todoroki."

"But will he have the guidance that he needs to develop the fire quirk? I will not have him become a second rate hero because he could not develop properly!"

"Is that all you fucking care about," I snapped, finally losing what little cool I had. "Maybe you should realize that you have more than one goddamn child, and stop trying to make Sho into everything that you–"

A stinging smack across the cheek shut me up abruptly. I flinched back from it and glared harshly at my father. I didn't even want to see the look on Aizawa and Present Mic's faces. They were probably realizing why Endeavor hits me sometimes. I didn't want to see them lose hope in me too. I fought back tears as I realized that I royally fucked up. I should have just stayed quiet. It's always easier. It keeps me out of trouble. It's why Endeavor doesn't hate Sho as much as he does me.

"Hana, are you—" Aizawa elbowed Present Mic in the side, shutting him up.

The fear inducing stare that Aizawa gave me told me that we would most definitely be talking about this later. I gulped, and looked down at my lap, already not looking forward to it. Maybe I can get out of going to my internship today. I can be sick or something. Then, by the time we go back to school, Aizawa and Present Mic will have forgotten what they saw and I won't have to deal with disappointing them. Shoto put a hand on my wrist to stop me from scratching more and sighed deeply.

"I think living in the dorms would be good, Father," Shoto said firmly, leaving no room for negotiation. "Hana and I will both keep up with our training while we're there."