Epilogue

"So, Bakugo," Mic drawled, "what are your intentions with Hana?"

While Kat tried to answer without completely losing his shit, I looked to Aizawa for help, but only received a deadpan stare in return. This is not what we agreed to when they told me to have Kat over for dinner. We agreed that they wouldn't be obnoxious because they literally know Kat. It's not like I started dating a stranger a month ago and they need to interrogate him.

"Yeah," Eri joined in, putting on a fake angry face. She puffed out her cheeks and put her hands on the table like she owned the place. "You're gonna be nice to her, right," she asked expectantly. I tried to stifle a laugh at the sight. I really couldn't be mad at her if I tried. This kid is truly something.

"Of course I'm gonna be fu— nice to her," Kat muttered, remembering to check his language when around Eri, like we talked about. Good. That's a good sign.

"You better be! Or else," Eri yelled, trying to be scary looking with a glare that I'm sure Mic coached her to do. I had to cover my mouth with my hand to keep from laughing at her, earning a pointed glare from Kat.

"Or else what, kid," he retaliated, sending a menacing glare to Eri that I was afraid might actually scare her.

"Kat," I rolled my eyes and elbowed him lightly. "She's six. Let it go." He grumbled under his breath, but thankfully listened to me.

"This is good," Shinso said thoughtfully, bringing himself into the conversation. "This is really good." I looked over at him skeptically. We get along marginally better, but he still finds ways to irritate me to no end. Apparently it's what a normal brother-sister relationship looks like without a weird twin bond and fifteen years of trauma to sort through. "Maybe you'll distract each other enough that one of you gets kicked out of the hero course," he added with a smirk.

"Not happening, Mind Freak," Kat said flatly. We both made sure that we didn't become distractions for each other. I just want to be a hero and do my best to help people in shitty situations, but Kat wants to be number one. I'm not gonna take that away from him by being a distraction.

"Maybe you should train harder and earn a spot yourself," I threw back at Shinso. He narrowed his perpetually sleepy eyes at me in a glare that I'm very used to seeing.

"As entertaining as this is," Aizawa deadpanned. He looks like he's finally had enough of us. His glare is piercing through everyone, including Mic, which is never a good sign. His patience is endless for Mic. "It's almost curfew at the dorms. You two better get back before I expel you both." I tilted my head and glared back at him.

"You're the one who does room checks! It's not like you don't know where we are," I argued.

"And you're not in your rooms," Aizawa shrugged. "Seems reasonable to me."

"Fine by me," Kat muttered. He's obviously ready to leave, and I don't really blame him.

Mic has been on his case all evening, and I can tell that he's tired of it. To me, it just shows that Mic cares. Sure, it's annoying, but he wouldn't do it if he didn't care about me. Same with Eri, and even Shinso. Shinso made several comments throughout the night that were more supportive and overprotective than I thought he'd be. I didn't think that he cared either way about me, but it appears that I was wrong.

"I'll walk you to the door," Aizawa said and got up to walk with us. I gave him a curious look that he pointedly ignored. He's been quiet pretty much all evening, which isn't unlike him, but I did expect at least a couple of comments once everyone else started in on Kat.

"Thanks for dinner," I said and pulled on my shoes. I elbowed Kat, trying to get him to do the same.

Yeah, thanks or whatever," he said reluctantly.