Chapter 10

The following Wednesday, we finally moved into the dorms. Before we moved in, Aizawa chewed all of us out, some of us for going to save Kat, and some for knowing and choosing to do nothing to stop us. The only ones who were safe from his wrath were Jiro, Hagakure, and Kat. Since they did no wrong, they got the first pick of the rooms inside. Me, Kiri, Momo, Sho, and Midoriya got threatened with expulsion, last pick of rooms, and a week of cleaning duty because of our involvement.

While I didn't like the arrangement, it was worth it. We got Kat back in one piece. Besides, I ended up with a corner dorm on the top floor, which is what I wanted anyways. My dorm is next to Mina and across from Jiro, so it's even better. Plus, cleaning isn't the worst thing in the world. And I'm beginning to doubt that Aizawa would actually expel any of us. I feel like he would have done it already if he was going to.

"Girl! You have two windows! Lucky," Mina squealed as she barged into my room. I smiled and stepped away from the box I was unpacking.

"You got to choose before I did! You could have chosen this room," I teased. Mina twirled around and plopped onto my bed.

"But my room has the biggest closet!" She grinned at me brightly. "This is great! Why haven't we always had dorms?"

"Because they cost an arm and a leg," I said bluntly.

"Yeah, whatever," Mina sighed. "So! We're doing a dorm competition! You're gonna do it, right," she drawled. I rolled my eyes.

"Definitely not," I said flatly. Mina pouted at me with the irresistible puppy dog eyes. "No, Mina," I whined.

"Please! Blasty already said no! Not you too!"

"Yes, me too! I'm tired," I offered, hoping she'd see reason.

"Please! We both know you're going to stay up way too late watching cheesy rom coms instead of sleeping!" Her pout intensified, staring into the depths of my soul. "I feel like I haven't seen you in weeks! And you've had so much happen! Come hang out with me!" I rolled my eyes.

"Come watch cheesy rom coms with me when the competition is done?" I hope that offering a compromise is good enough. She's right. We haven't seen each other in weeks, and I do have a lot of news. We should hang out! I just don't want literally everyone in my room.

"Yes," she cheered and fist bumped the air. "You have a deal, Icy! I will see you later!" She jumped off of my bed and skipped to the door humming some kind of song. I sighed and shook my head at her with a small smile on my face. She really is something.

❄️🔥❄️

"Ugh! How could he use her for her money! She was in love with him," Mina cried as the credits for our third movie rolled. "And then she took him back! Ugh! So stupid!"

"But he made her so happy," I said dreamily. "And he apologized." I shrugged.

"You're too good for this world, Icy," Mina sighed. "So pure." I laughed and rolled my eyes at her teasing.

"Thanks, Mina," I drawled. She laughed and laid her head back against the wall.

"So! Life update, ready go!" I shrugged and laid my head against the wall next to hers.

"Well. Aizawa and Mic saw Endeavor slap me during the home visit, they got me and Sho removed from Endeavor's custody, I lived with Kiri for a couple of weeks, and now Aizawa and Mic are my parents. I also may or may not hate Shinso. Undecided yet. Sho and I are fixing our problems. And I may or may not have weird feelings for Kat that I don't understand," I said quickly. Mina gasped and awed at all of the right places and sent me a cheeky smile when I was done.