Morgana's Gift

The hall was filled with the assembled courtiers, knights and palace staff, all standing neatly in rows as they looked towards their king. Shafts of sunlight streamed through the enormous windows bathing everything in a golden glow as the King took his place on the dais, looking around at his people with a soft smile. "Today, we are once again free from Morgana's reign of terror and i owe it all to you, my people, my knights" he nodded to them all and received bows and curtseys in return. Kyra and Ariella stood by Merlin and Gaius as they listened to Arthur's speech, she glanced over at Leon who was stood on the other side of the room with the knights, the sun made his curls glow like a halo around his head, she smiled softly to herself before she looked back to Arthur. "The losses we have all suffered over these past days are irreplaceable, we will remember those we have lost always and make sure this can never happen again" Arthur continued, his hand resting on the pommel of his sword. "With that being said, I have an announcement" his posture softened slightly and he smiled, "Due to her unwavering courage and loyalty to not only the crown but others around her, Kyra Badden , is to be my Master at Arms" the crowd murmured amongst themselves in shock with many shooting disdainful looks at Kyra who stared at Arthur with wide eyes, He simply smiled back at her and motioned for her to come forwards.

Her feet felt rooted to the spot as the crowd muttered behind her and moved away slightly. "She is to begin training the new generation of knights, so that we may once again protect Camelot with the full might of our brave knights" Arthur continued, grinning at the shocked look on Kyra's face. She glanced over at Leon and the others who were grinning back at her and slapping each other on the back as they stared. "It is high time we recognize that our brave ladies, sacrifice just as much as we, I will hear no objections on this" the King said as he glared at several of the council members who were muttering indignantly between themselves. "Kyra, step forward" Arthur called as she stared at him dumbfounded, Merlin nudged her forward and stumbled before walking towards Arthur, aware of the eyes trained on her. She stood in front of Arthur, wiping her palms on her dress before she curtseyed nervously. "I present, Lady Kyra Badden, Master at arms" Arthur called as he started clapping.

Leon and Gwaine beamed as they clapped proudly, Kyra slowly started smile as the hall joined in the applause. She glanced back at Arthur who grinned at her as he clapped, his golden hair glowing in the sunlight like an aura around his head. 

A deafening boom shook the hall as Kyra felt a sudden shockwave before she was flying through the air. Clouds of dust and chunks of mortar flew past her as she grappled at thin air before it all went dark as she hit the wall. Her eyelids flickered open slowly as she stared at the scene around her, a high pitched ringing resonated in her ears as she blinked trying to focus before feeling a warmth trickling down her cheek.

In a daze she lifted her hand to feel it, she winced and looked down at her hand to see blood mixing with the dust that covered her. Kyra looked about her once more, seeing bodies strewn across the floor surrounded by piles of rubble, muffled screaming echoed in her ears as her mind reeled. She spotted Merlin helping Gaius to sit upright before he ran to Arthur who lay sprawled beside the throne, Percival held a sobbing Ariella in his arms as he looked about in shock, Gwaine and Elyan were searching the hall, running around yelling orders to the other knights who stumbled around covered in stone dust. Kyra blinked again, dust stinging her eyes as she watched them all in a daze, a figure stumbled towards her quickly, clambering over the rubble and dropping to his knees in front of her, Muffled talking made her look unfocusedly to see Leon watching her worriedly, blood running down his temple and plastering his hair to his head. "Kyra...KYRA" he yelled, shaking her gently, she shook her head, clearing the fog and focused on him. "what happened" she mumbled, sitting upright with Leon's help. "I don't know" he replied, checking her cheek worriedly, she looked up at him and frowned, "Leon, you're bleeding" she touched his temple gently making him wince, "I'm fine" he answered, pulling them both upright. She staggered slightly, before leaning on him as they looked about, " i have to help the others, will you be alright ?" he asked, glancing down at her and holding her at arms length, she nodded in shock and let go of him, "go, I'll be fine", he took off to help Gwaine and Elyan in securing the hall.