The Sentencing

A few days had passed since her arrest and Kyra was bored out of her mind, Arthur had forbade any visitors on the pretense of punishment. Aside from snide comments from Gwen, she had had very little human contact and it was beginning to show.

Kyra heard footsteps approaching and looked up. Merlin and Gwaine were walking towards her quickly, she scrambled to her feet and moved to the bars. Gwaine reached for her hand and held it tightly, "are you alright?" he asked, looking her over, she nodded, "I'm fine, freezing but fine" she replied, leaning her head against the bars. Merlin grinned mischievously, "I might be able to help with that" he said as he lifted his shirt to reveal a blanket wrapped around his waist. Kyra grinned, " I thought you were looking a bit plump" she teased before Merlin hurriedly passed her the blanket, she wrapped it around herself with a contented sigh, "Merlin, I could kiss you" she grinned, he flushed red and smiled, "alright then", Gwaine punched his shoulder with a chuckle before he turned back to Kyra.
"How's Leon, what does Gaius say?" she asked quickly, Merlin made a face, "bad news" he grimaced and her heart dropped, "what? What is it, tell me?" she questioned warily, Merlin looked at Gwaine who tried to stifle a sly grin, "he's going to be fine, honestly,  I'm starting to wonder if he can actually die at this point" Merlin said as he dodged Kyra's hand with a laugh, "that wasn't funny!"  she scolded him,  looking around for something to throw at him,  he grinned and shrugged apologetically, "he's fine,  you don't need to worry" Merlin laughed, Gwaine sniggered as a bowl came flying towards Merlin' s head. "Right,  come on stop it"  Merlin huffed as he dodged the bowl with a reproachful look. Kyra narrowed her eyes at him as she relaxed,  "so he's fine? You're not lying to me?" she questioned, Gwaine held up his hands in surrender, "I wouldn't lie to you,  especially not since you have another bowl in there"  he chuckled. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, "so where is he?"  she asked, Merlin picked up the bowl and moved back to the cell, "Gaius says he still needs to rest,  he should be up and about in a few days but until then he must rest" he told her with a smile.  A guard came around the corner, "Oi,  you two,  no visitors means no visitors!"  he yelled, Gwaine and Merlin looked between each other and grinned before they grinned at Kyra as they turned on their heels and scarpered down the corridor as the guard chased them. Kyra laughed as she watched them dodge another guard and disappear up the stairs. 

>>>>>

"Mordred!" Kyra sighed in relief, "why are you creeping around in the shadows?" she asked reproachfully as she relaxed,  the young Knight scurried forward and looked about quickly, "I'm not allowed to be here"  he whispered,  she laughed and leant on the bars beside him, "Mordred, Arthur isn't going to throw you in with me for visiting"
The young Knight relaxed and stood in front of her, "so now,  tell me,  who is in charge of your training?" she asked, Mordred grimaced, "Sir Bedwyr is our master for now", Kyra gave him a sympathetic look as she stifled a smile. "I see,  let me guess,  he trains you till you drop?"  she questioned,  Mordred nodded. "what manoeuvres is he teaching?", Mordred opened his mouth to answer but a voice sounded from behind him, "well you can ask me in person,  if you really want to know" Kyra grinned as Bedwyr appeared from the shadows, Mordred paled and stepped away from the bars. Bedwyr loomed over him, "initiate, there is still work to be done, I want the armoury organised and cleaned from top to bottom" he barked,  sending Mordred scurrying away quickly. Kyra laughed quietly as Bedwyr watched him go before he grinned, "that was mean"  she laughed, Bedwyr shrugged, "got to keep them in line somehow"  he chuckled.
He nodded to the cell behind her,  "how are you faring?"  he asked,  she shrugged and glanced behind her, "at least I don't have to deal with Leon's snoring" she joked, Bedwyr looked at her silently until she sighed, "I need fresh air, how long am i to stay in here?" she asked as she leant her head against the bars,  Bedwyr softened, "I don't know, but I know the king has no intentions of going easy on you" he  said quietly,  looking at her tired face.