No Matter What

Merlin walked beside Leon and Arthur for what seemed like an age until they reached the heavy wooden doors of the council chambers, the doors were pulled open to reveal the council chamber filled with Morgana's men all round the edges of the room leaving a circle in the middle. Morgana lounged in the throne with Lancelot leaning beside her with an evil smirk as he watched them be thrown into the circle in the middle of the floor.

"Morgana" Arthur said angrily

She smirked and got up " brother, how kind of you to join me, I was rather hoping to see you again before the coronation "

"you won't get away with this " Leon said quietly as he pushed his hair out of his eyes, Morgana's head snapped round to look at him as she smiled cruelly. She traced his jaw with a finger and leant down " can't i ? i believe i already have Leon" she jerked her finger off his jaw scratching it. He winced slightly and then smiled at her " we won't give in to you, Morgana, i will never swear to you "

she sauntered back to the throne and sat down with her legs across the arm and motioned to Lancelot

" I rather thought you'd say that"

Two guards brought in two struggling figures, one of which had a tangle of red hair.

"Kyra" Leon whispered in a broken voice, the guards threw Kyra on the floor and the other figure bent to pick her up. Leon struggled against the guards who held him back, he pushed against them to try and reach her, She looked up, her face a picture of misery with a black eye and a split lip. She noticed Leon's gaze and her face lit up " Leon " she smiled painfully. Arthur looked in a daze at the other figure who was looking back at him in the same way " Arthur? " the distinctive voice of Gwen queried.

"Gwen" Arthurs voice broke as he watched her walk forward quickly but was stopped by the guards.

Morgana watched on with a sort of twisted glee, " my, my, my this is touching "

Leon fought free of the guards and ran to Kyra, Arthur fought the guards trying to follow him and kept them away as Leon caught Kyra as she fell to the floor, her face shone with sweat and she shivered from a fever." oh sweetheart what have they done to you ?" Leon said sadly as tears dripped down his face onto Kyra's dress as they held onto each other tightly.

"Leon ? is it really you ?" Kyra asked like a little girl with wide eyes taking in every inch of his face. He stroked her face gently and nodded as he buried his face in her hair and whispered to her, telling her it was going to be alright. She just sat and looked at him with a slightly unfocussed look and said " my Leon, you're my Leon ", Morgana's face softened slightly for a fraction of a second before hardening into the cruel mask she adopted. She nodded to the guards who wrenched Leon away Kyra making her cry out and stretch her arms to him like a child seeking comfort." No ! Morgana take me instead, please i beg you let her go !"

She tilted her head and looked at him with a malicious grin, " but then Lancelot won't have any fun ", she looked down at Lancelot who traced a finger down Kyra's cheek to her neck watching her shiver uncomfortably tears running down her face. Leon's jaw dropped but then was replaced with dark anger that clouded his face and made him look petrifying." you bastard... you son of a bitch i will kill you ! i will kill you Lancelot !" Lancelot just watched amusedly as Leon fought against the guards and spat in his direction before he was forced to his knees by the pommel of a sword to the back of his head. Morgana laughed and signaled to the guards who let go of Kyra and dragged Leon away towards the other dungeons, Kyra stumbled to Leon and grabbed his shirt while she kissed him fiercely, "No Leon, don't do this no... no " she whimpered to him, he looked at her tenderly and kissed her forehead " I will find you and we will go on that picnic you promised me " She let out a cry and looked at him trying to stifle sobs. she turned away but not before Merlin noticed her eyes turning gold and Leon wincing and glancing at his wrist.

Lancelot laughed as she fell to the floor sobs racking her frail and battered body, Merlin rushed over and helped her stand putting his arm around her waist to hold her up," it's okay, we're going to be okay " Merlin  murmured in her ear. And tried to believe with all his heart that they were.