𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗲𝗻

     As Kaz dropped into his unconscious state he found himself at no peace, haunted by that same voice

     As Kaz dropped into his unconscious state he found himself at no peace, haunted by that same voice. Whenever his eyes shut for a mere second he was taunted but now it was as if he was forced to relive it all again. Coldness bit at him as he was sent back to being a child again, scared and alone. Anytime he tried to turn to find a way out a body was pushed against him, sending a jolting pain through his body.

     Panic stuck to him as he felt those cold hands grip at his skin, pulling him into its current, trapping him all over again. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't fight them. Desperation flooded him like a wave crashing against the rocks on shore. He was so close but he just couldn't reach it. Pleads of help went unnoticed, nobody paid any mind to dead people. Taunts attacked his mind and he winced, begging for it to stop.

     Kaz, she had whispered and he had almost been relieved to hear her voice, almost.

     Sometimes he found himself forgetting what had happened, falling into his past and even mourning the way they once were. Whenever this happened it all came back to him and he was reminded exactly why he hated her so much. He couldn't miss someone when he barely knew them, the person he knew never existed, that is what he convinced himself, he wouldn't dare let anyone think otherwise.

     That night flashed in his mind, the return to Ketterdam. There had been something off with Raina but nobody addressed it, they didn't want to because that would be overstepping. Instead they ignored her behaviour and allowed her to lead the way through the streets of the barrel. She had begun to dig her nails into her palm and Kaz noted this, an act she did when she was nervous, she had done it since they were children. Part of him wished he could go back in time and call out her unusual behaviour, but alas he made the mistake of pushing it back, he would ask later.