Chapter 2: Alpha-omega

???

I howled out my victory, before staring at the 'Alpha' below me.

He had his belly exposed, his one ear was flattened against his head and his tail happened to be tucked between his legs. He was bleeding pretty heavily, while I only had a few scratches that had stopped bleeding a while back.

We were situated in the middle of a small circle of people. No more than twenty werewolves, including the children.

Was this the entire pack?

It explained why there were barely any buildings or many scent markings. This pack was smaller than what it should be, and the pack members were weak and thin.

Slowly, a thin man/boy walked up to me (well, more like shuffled) and kneeled down. He was completely naked, except for a ragged shirt that was stained with blood and something else.

This was the beta, I'm guessing?

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!-" My eyes widened in surprise when he and the many other pack members started kneeling down and thanking me.

"We do not care that you are from weak bloodlines, please lead us, young omega! We will follow you readily!" A young woman begged.

The boy bowed down as far as his body would allow, submitting to me more than the loser beneath me did.

What the-

I snapped my jaws at the former alpha and he left the pack lands. My howl echoed throughout the empty land, some of the members mistook this for another victory howl and joined in.

When I snapped at them to shut up, they flinched and didn't join me in the next one. Soon, Daisy made an appearance, hooting to announce her presence since she flew silently.

I shifted back, and she landed on my shoulder, while the rest of the pack bowed more and mumbled to themselves.

'Beast tamer?'

'Hunter?'

'Omega?'

'Alpha?'

They whispered amongst themselves, but the boy shushed them all.

"Your name?" I asked him.

"Um. Brook, Alpha-omega, sir!" I winced, but trudged on.

"Just call me 'Omega', it'll make this next bit easier."

"What 'next bit'-"

"I can't lead you, I can't be your Alpha." My next few words broke them. Brook's face contorted into that of a beggar's.

He looked extremely desperate, while the others seemed lost. I don't know why though, who would want an omega for an Alpha? Not me.

"W-why not?" A little kid asked, while keeping his head low out of respect. Aw, I just wanted to cuddle the poor thing, he was weak and shivering in the ice cold weather.

His mother pulled him back and held the little boy close to her barely clothed body, while mumbling: 'sorry, Omega'.

"I'm an omega, first of all. I'm naturally weaker than most, I can't lead you. I can't stay here either, I need to keep moving." I don't know why, but since I left my pack, I could never stay in one area for too long, it was difficult for me to get comfortable.

With Daisy it was worse, I had someone to look after, so I had to stay in one area for a longer period of time and constantly be on high alert.

"S-so? You beat our a... awful alpha and I will be more than happy to go wherever you do." Brook said confidently. He didn't even have to encourage the others to agree, they nodded along with some even meeting my eyes with so much hope it was scary.