Chapter 11: The Full Moon

Atlas

Today was the day.

The full moon would rise high above our pack and we would run together, hunt together, and enjoy other pleasures the ceremony would bring.

As werewolves, the full moon didn't force our shift, but it did heighten our senses and encourage our wolves to come out and spend time with the other members of our pack.

Even now, I could feel Percy's excitement. During the day the humans (us) would celebrate with a large ceremony, and when the full moon rose, we would let loose and hand over the reigns to our other halves.

"Alpha, blue or silver confetti?" A young lady asked me, while holding up two tubs of confetti.

"Neither, use this instead." I handed her a gold tub, and though it didn't look different, it was infact made of plant materials, which would be far more eco friendly than the plastic confetti.

"Woah, I didn't think of that. Wow, we have such a smart Alpha." She then walked off, leaving me blushing with pride.

"Hey, ginger!"

Sigh, Bailey.

I turn to look at her. She had silver streamers in her hair, but otherwise she dressed casually.

"What's up, dummy?" She huffs at me, but continues anyway.

"Well, some pack members want to know when the ceremony is going to start, care to give them a time?"

"I think we'll be ready to go in an hour or two." She left after that, saying that she needed to check on the hunters.

*

So far, all went to plan.

The Elders stretched their speeches, which was kind of annoying, since we would probably only be able to celebrate for like three hours now. The hunters and gatherers had food displayed on various tables, and pack healers were close by, just in case worse came to worst.

Since our wolves would be in charge, this meant that they would be extremely territorial, stubborn, and in some cases, violent. And the full moon above didn't really help with that.

Well, moving on... Omega returned to our suite after the last Elder finished her speech. I was a little confused, but I figured that I would check in on him after going around and enjoying my time with my pack.

I could still feel Percy's barely controlled excitement. He was quiet for the most part though.

Soon, the moon peeked over the horizon and slowly fell into place. I heard the tearing of clothes as wolves shifted. They shook out their fur coats and ran in all kinds of directions.

Percy didn't try to force his way out, instead he was waiting patiently and I didn't even know what for.

Then a flash of black bolted past me, I felt my body shudder at the breeze of cold air that followed, as well as the scent of cinnamon and citrus.

Percy leaped forward before I could even get a good look at our mate. I could only catch two brightly glowing golden eyes before I was thrown back into the depths of our subconscious.

*

Percy

My white paws hit the ground after my shift transition. I felt Atlas eventually give our body's control to me, but he reminded me of one thing:

We could not mate tonight.

What a bummer...but I had to obey, I didn't want to scare our mate off.

Omega's wolf whined at me before turning tail and taking off. I followed behind, and I had to admit, it was kind of difficult to keep up.

He swerved through the forest easily, despite being so large. It was even worse when we reached an open field, where he essentially booked it, running like his life depended on it.

After a while I was panting, while he zoomed around me, nipping at my sides, trying to get me to chase him.

"Fuck you and your unathletic body." I groaned at Atlas, who just rolled his eyes at me.

Eventually, I shifted back, and sat down in the cold snow. Omega's wolf turned to me, clearly confused.

He tried to nudge my body off of the snow but I just pushed his muzzle away.

He whined and shifted back instead.

"Already tired?" He asked. His voice was far softer than Omega's, but playful too.

I couldn't help the smile I gave him.

"My human does not enjoy exercise." I explained and he barked out a laugh.

"Oh, understandable. Omega never enjoyed training with his father," he shifted in the snow, clearly cold without fur "I'm Tundra."

"Percy." After the short introduction and rest, I shifted back.

I shook my fur out and turned to my mate, who stared at my coat lovingly.

"You look so beautiful, Percy," He said, while running a hand through our fur. I leaned forward and nuzzled him, unintentionally marking him with my scent.

He shifted back after scratching me a little and pranced around me. I could see his body lean forward, like he wanted to play bow, his chest hit the ground-

A wolf. Large and grey, ran into him, snarling viciously.

*