Chapter 5: Seducing The Alpha

Atlas

When I got home later I was faced with my slumbering sister.

I sigh and could only hope that my mate didn't escape through the window or something.

"Maybe we should've given the task if guarding our mate to someone more... experienced?" Percy says.

"Yeah, like us." I say and he agrees easily.

I don't bother with eating tonight, I had too much work to do and too little time. So I wander upstairs and enter my bedroom.

"Hey." I jump back, not expecting my mate to actually be there.

He's still tied up, exactly where Bailey left him, but he was kind of leaning towards the edge of the bed.

"Oh, you're still here..." I say, no longer interested in changing while he was watching me.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" He said.

I know that I didn't get to know him properly yet, but I could tell that something was off.

Where was the near feral omega from earlier?

"Well, you seemed pretty hellbent on leaving earlier..." I say, referencing to when he and like nine other teenage werewolves tried to escape.

"I only wanted to find you~ I wanted my mate..." He tugged on his handcuffs, trying to escape, while heat forced it's way onto my cheeks.

"C'mon, you have to believe me, darling. I wanted to see you, I wanted my Alpha~" The words roll off of his tongue and go straight to my pants. I feel my reason going when he bites his lip and stares at me with hooded brown eyes.

He wants me...

He doesn't.

"Just let me go and I'll show you how much I want you."

Free him.

No.

"My Alpha, my darling. Let me go."

Do it.

I can't.

"I won't leave..."

He's lying.

I know.

I can see it in his eyes, the way the dark brown color flickered. He's getting impatient.

I walk towards him and he licks his lips, trying to seem interested. I reach up and unhook the cuffs, but keep them on. He looks confused for a brief moment, but slips the mask back on quickly.

Oh, he's good.

Almost made me wonder how many people he seduced out in the forest.

"Listen, I don't want you. Not right now," The expression in his eyes changed from one of fake lust to very real hurt.

"Because it's clear that you don't want me either. So you'll move to one of the guest rooms and stay there," He tries to protest, but I pick him up and carry him out of the room.

I drop him off in the guest room nearest to mine and then close it and lock the door. I hear him curse to himself and kick something, before he begins cursing again.

Percy snickers a little and I try to stop him, but I end up laughing along too.

I head to the study and begin working.

*

It was exhausting, working alongside others, actually, just working in general.

I really wished that I had my mate here to help me out a bit, but I couldn't bother with trying to set him up with paperwork when he desperately wanted to leave.