Chapter 10: The Tree House

Omega

I honestly didn't know why I was leading Atlas towards this little oasis I found, as my first thought when seeing this was: 'mine'.

"He's ours too, so he gets to see." Tundra reasoned.

I could only ignore the mutt, who seemed to be getting dangerously fond of our mate.

Even though we would be leaving said mate in less than two weeks.

We approached the barely weathered pile of wood in a tree, and found my dearest Daisy perched on the snow covered wooden railing. She looked down at me and looked somewhat happy to see me.

I understood why, we haven't met up to hunt in days and she was probably only eating mice and other small rodents now. Tundra whined a little, so I made a note to hunt again.

Well, the full moon was closing in, so maybe we could hunt together?

I felt a hand graze my scruff and turned around fast. It was just my mate, who looked just as startled as I was.

He had shifted back and had his hand out like he was approaching a wild animal. His eyes were all too trusting, though I'm sure he thought that he would get bit.

And (to keep up with appearances) that's what I did.

*

Atlas held onto his bloody palm, as we sat in the treehouse. We were both naked, and while Atlas looked really embarrassed and uncomfortable, I can assure that I've never been happier.

Daisy had sat down on a branch beside the 'window' of the treehouse. It wasn't truly a window, it didn't have glass, so I could occasionally reach out and give her a pet.

"So...how did you and Daisy meet?" Atlas finally spoke up.

I didn't expect him to ask about her or even know her name, but I realized that while I was cooing over her, I must've said it once or twice.

"Well, we were both in pretty desperate times, I had-" Goddess, I can not believe I'm saying this right now. "-I... I was kicked out of my pack, and was slowly turning rogue,"

I heard Atlas take in a breath, before he gently placed a hand over mine.

And I didn't bite him this time.

"She was laying her eggs, but she fell out of her nest and, well, she got injured. I helped her instinctually and found out that being around her helped me and eventually I wasn't going rogue anymore."

I remained quiet after that, I expected more questions, maybe even backlash, because being kicked out of your pack was greatly looked down on.

Instead, he pulled me into his embrace, and I allowed it, choosing to inhale his scent instead of being violent.

It felt... nice.

*

We separated as soon as we got back into the pack lands. I'm sure Atlas shared the news that I was, infact, not lost, because soon Brook was bothering me.

"Alphaaaaa, when are we going to have a pack meeting?" He asked with a bit of excitement in his otherwise bored tone.

I was in my wolf form, and I wasn't going to shift back to justify that dumb question with an equally dumb answer.

Why would we have a pack meeting when we didn't even have a pack to begin with? I appreciated everyone here, everyone in my new 'pack' were amazing people, and whatever was done to them in their old home, wasn't deserved.

I'm sure what they experienced there, was something that no one would ever deserve.

I growled at him and he just laughed at me before hopping on my back and holding onto my back fur.

I had enough fighting for today, so I allowed him to latch on.

I could hear him giggle as we approached a large clearing in the pack land's otherwise dense forest. The ground was covered in snow, but it was still beautiful here.

Brook jumped off and fell on his back, he sprawled out and began waving his arms up and down rather frantically.

Safe to say, I was concerned.

He met my eyes and smiled a toothy grin from ear to ear. With a smile that big, I found it weird how I never noticed his chipped tooth before.

It was only a small one though, it wasn't like the entire thing was missing, but now that I was close it was the only thing I could see when I looked at him.

That's what happens when you see imperfections, you can't look away, especially if it's something noticeable on someone important.

And though my gaze meant no harm, Brook still hid behind his hands after realizing where I was looking.

"Sorry! I- um..." He looked away, a furious blush covering his cheeks and ears.

He hid behind his blond hair for a bit and eventually he cooled down.

I didn't really look at him after that, since he still seemed kind of uncomfortable. Instead I sprawled out on my side, hoping to look a little less intimidating in front of... my Beta.

Maybe it was too early to leave them behind. I would have to talk to Atlas about it, but for now I guess I could play make believe with him a little longer.

*

Vote & Comment!