Chapter 13: The Resolve

Atlas

I was worried.

About a lot of things right now, actually, but mostly my mate.

I wasn't quite sure who this wolf was before me, but he seemed to be a pretty weak wolf, not rogue, but there was no reason for his pack to attack mine.

Eh, I'll think about it later, I should focus on finding Omega now. He seemed pretty distraught earlier.

Percy was itching to be let loose once more, but after what little effort he placed into keeping our mate safe, I had him on a leash.

That didn't mean I would refrain from shifting though, but Percy would be placed in passenger seat for the rest of the night.

I shift into my brown and white wolf and bolt after the exotic scent of my mate. He could not have gone far, but I was sti worried.

Eventually, I pulled myself over a mound of snow and almost immediately spotted him. His giant wolf was resting in the snow, the dense snowy wind ruffled his own thick fur, and it seemed like the flurry of snowflakes beating down on him made quick work to cover him up.

We were in the midst of a snowstorm.

Not a heavy one by any means, but clearly he was frightened, or at the very least ruffled about what happened earlier.

I walked towards him, being quick, but precise in my movements. When I finally reached the mound of black fur that was my mate, I nuzzle his side, trying to get him to move.

Of course, he refused to, but I hoped he knew it me.

I began nudging him more, not really as concerned anymore as his coat was made for snowy weather like this. I just wanted to ensure that he was okay mentally, I knew that not all wolves were fine with taking a life.

I mean, I wasn't, but that was more due to the fact that I can't fight well, and often don't enjoy violent disagreements.

My fur eventually filters itself back into my skin, my jaw flattens and squares itself and my paws become hands once more. I reach out in my human form and pat him gently.

"I'm not mad," I say, because I wasn't. "I knew you had to do something to keep yourself safe, in fact, I have to apologize for not doing anything sooner, I can't really fight well." I mutter the last part, slightly embarrassed to say that.

I look down at him for a beat, and then two more. When I realize that he still seems to be in his own head, I begin to get up.

The chill of the storm biting on my bare skin was getting to be almost too much now. I would have to respect his wishes.

Just as I have that thought, he raises his head and soon my confused gaze meets his ablaze orange eyes. He looks down and I manage to make out the bundle he has between him.

A very confused looking Daisy.

"Oh," That's all I can say. Wow, I really thought he was upset over this, Omega didn't care about the life lost nor did he care about what this meant for the pack.

He had his own concerns, and plus, he's barely been here a few days, why would he concern himself with my problems? He killed that wolf. He killed that wolf to keep himself and Daisy safe.

Wordlessly, I pick up the shivering owl. I cradle her to my body, though I was also losing heat quickly, I figured if I died doing this then at least I passed away helping him.

Percy whined his defiance, but he knew as well. That Omega already had both of us on a leash.

I take hurried steps towards the heat of my pack and hear the steady crunch of snow behind me. Omega was keeping my pace well.

The Owl didn't seem to be too damaged, just frightened and confused. If we were lucky, she would make it out fine.

Suddenly, the sound of Omega's footsteps halted, and after a minute or so, they started back up again, except they sounded lighter, and it seemed like he was only taking two steps at a time.

"I meant it, I am sorry for not fighting him off." I feel the need to say.

"It's fine, blood wouldn't look nice on your coat anyway." He understood. I wasn't sure if I should appload his easygoing nature or question it, because what omega wanted such a useless Alpha?

"Oh, you aren't useless. You just aren't the biggest fan of violence, and that's okay. You should be thanking the Goddess right now, she's given your overthinking ass such an understanding mate," Percy remarks, and I have the urge to block him out again.

Instead I just open up the door to our suite and lay the owl down on the couch.

I leave Omega and Daisy in the living room, and go to retrieve some blankets for her.

When I return, Omega seems worried again.

"Is something wrong?"

"Was that... one of your pack members?" He inquires, with a guilty look his his eyes. I hand him the blankets and consider my answer.

"No, I think they may have been from another pack, but I'm not sure why they would attack us out of the blue like that-"

"Since it was a full moon, the entire pack was outside and shifted, how did he make it in?" Omega interrupts, and all of a sudden, a whole new issue arises.

This wolf, a single wolf, managed to sneak inside of my pack? On the night of a full moon as well? Something didn't seem quite right.

"I'm not sure what happened, but maybe he just got lucky, and as for what happened to you, we were nearing the outskirts of pack territory, so maybe he just slipped past the warriors and-"

And I was interrupted for the second time that night.

Ian!

"Alpha! A rival pack-"

Well shit.

*

I know it's been a while since I uploaded anything to Wattpad, for that I apologize, but I've been busy with life :/

Vote & Comment!