Chapter 12: The Mistake

Tundra

Just as I was about to initiate some play with Percy, a wolf tackled me.

A grey wolf, size rivalling Percy, hurled itself into me. It tried to bite down on my throat, but I reflexively turned my head to bite his muzzle.

He whined and got off of me, while I rolled over and got onto my four legs.

Unlike my human counterpart, I wasn't good at fighting. I hid away when father had begun our training, because of my omega nature.

I always felt a little ill whenever violence was involved.

The wolf before me growled viciously, his muzzle was dripping with blood, and I almost gagged.

He took my faltering as a sign to bite down on the nape of my neck. I couldn't help but yelp when I felt his canines pierce my skin, he tugged on it and I could feel the skin rip.

Eventually his weight above me was removed, and I looked up to see Percy growling at the threat, who looked down at me and only me.

His eyes sparkled a deep violet and seemed almost amused when I notice the dark red blood trail down my black coat.

I called out to my human, albeit weakly and he sprung into action.

Sometimes I was really glad that he didn't act like an omega.

Omega

I sprung into action after I realized that we were hurt.

Percy stood in front of us, he looked both in awe and also extremely upset. It seemed like he recognized the wolf.

I didn't care about who he was, he just had to find his way to the nearest exit before I spilled some blood in front of my mate.

Something told me that Tundra and Atlas were both inexperienced in fighting.

I moved in front of my mate and glared at the purple-eyed wolf, who snarled at me in return.

He launched himself at me again with his jaws wide open, but this time I was prepared. I moved out of the way and left him to eat snow.

I made a turn and pounced on him, lodging my canines into his throat in a similar way, which he had done to me. He howled out in pain as I thrashed around and pulled flesh from bone. Eventually he went limp on the ground, with his own blood tainting the snow beneath and filling his open wound.

The poor dog took deep breaths, but otherwise looked dead. I looked up at Percy, except it wasn't Percy anymore.

Atlas stared at me in horror, his blue eyes seemed shocked at my violent actions.

He shifted back with a sigh, and I could see his eyes glaze over as he probably contacted a pack healer for us.

Whatever, I was already healed, this poor beast might just die though.

A shame, really.

Atlas moved towards me, and I reflexively moved out of the way. He tried to move closer again, but I leapt over the body of the grey wolf.

He sighed as if I was making his life twenty times harder.

"Come here, I'm trying to check your wound." He said slowly, and approached me with his palms facing me, like I was wild or feral even.

The thought made me feel worse about it. This was the first time I'd properly fought someone in front of him and somehow I was out of my mind.

I almost killed his pack member and he was checking on me!?

I felt like crap, he was probably scared of me now and had only been checking out of obligation.

I looked down at the body of the wolf who had finally stilled.

He was dead.

Fuck.

Before Atlas could say a word, I left.

I turned and ran as fast as I could, like Satan himself had been on my heels. I could distinctly hear Daisy's hoots and the desperate flapping of the surrounding leaves as she tried to follow me.

I ran and ran, with no real destination in mind. I eventually made my way out of the pack territory and was now running through the wide-spread snowy plains.

I kept going until I got hit with a large gust of wind, I looked ahead and it hit me that I was in deep shit.

A snowstorm.

It was kicking up debri and snow as it moved toward me and I realized that Daisy had followed me.

Daisy!

I looked up and saw that she was only focused on me, and not her impending doom. The snowstorm was fast approaching and we were too far away to get any cover from trees.

I barked at her, trying to get her to land. She eventually did and I did something that I never thought I would do.

I took her in my muzzle, he wings beat against my face as I shoved her underneath my chest and I between a smaller hole that I dug up to, hopefully, keep her warm.

I could hear the wirr of the wind as it picked up. The snowstorm was near.

I had to brace myself as it finay hit. It was cold enough to pierce through my thick coat and I could only pray that it didn't get to Daisy.

All I could do now was grit my teeth and bare.

Bare the product of my own stupidity.

*