That Which Was Ventured

You went in the icy woods to lose your pursuers. For days and nights, you pursued to the north, and dreamed of finding the green fields and forests where the sun shone bright and the days are long. You fed the frozen queenberries and poranges you stumble upon.

Afters weeks, you reached an icy mountain, with many ruins, yet also swarming with Hilichurls, Cryo Slimes, and even Fatui Harbringers. You found a rather good hideout along the snow-covered path, in a valley just beside a stream at the base of the mountain. This has so far become your settlement for a week now. While looking for food one day, you decided to cross the stream. To your delight, you saw the grass and the woods transition to that greenery that you have always wished to reach.

~~~~~

You decided to venture through the green woods from beyond the stream, until little by little, you've created a mental map of the area. One day, you finally reached a village with a few humble homes. But in the middle of it was a beautiful mansion surrounded by grapevines and barrels.

That day seems to be quite special because there are lots of people clocking little stalls by the roads. As you looked around, you accidentally saw yourself in a big mirror.

 As you looked around, you accidentally saw yourself in a big mirror

(I really love Irisviel! Found this in Google Images. I fancy Diluc x Iri. Feel free to think up a different character for your satisfaction. Credits to the maker of this, Iri is so pretty here.)

Despite the stresses of running away, you still like the reflection you saw. You smiled at yourself.

You continued to walk around and saw some bread in one of the stalls. Your stomach growled. You haven't had a proper meal for a month now.

'I want that bread, but I have no money...' you thought. Your mouth started to water.

'I... have a secret route... I just need to be discreet...' you thought. Eventually, you found yourself taking a bread from the stall. The vendor did not notice the act. You went away via the route you took, and found yourself enjoying a delicious bread beneath the icy mountain.

The next day, you went back to the festival. You thought you can do away with the same trick as yesterday. But you were clearly mistaken.

~~~~~