The Morning of the Festival

DILUC POV

The next day, Diluc took his time preparing himself for his busiest day in the three-day Wein Summer Festival. Today is a feast with lots of fine foods and overflowing wine. Yet, it still is the day he dreads the most.

While he does not have to oversee everything, he will be engaging in mostly appaling conversations most of the day. He's fine with small talk, business proposals— but inevitably many of his business partners will bring up their daughters to him as usual. He's tired of turning them down every year, but they keep going anyway.

And so as soon as fixed himself in the mirror, he went downstairs to eat his breakfast. One by one, the dishes were served to him.

"Mondstadt Hash Brown," the maid said, as she put the warm dish in front of him.

"Grape Juice," the next maid said, as she puts the drink next to his plate.

"Thank you," Diluc told his myaids. The two maids giggled silently. He began to eat.

He then remembered his new maid from yesterday— y/n. Diluc called Adelinde to report about Y/N.

"I have given her the maid's orientation, as per routine. She slept at the maids quarters, but was given a room of her own, as instructed," Adelinde discussed. Diluc nodded.

"Moreover, her clothes from yesterday has been washed and dried. She has been informed that she will be relieved of her duties when the festival starts so she can join the final day of the Wein Summer Festival. She should be finishing up with her maid duties and preparing herself any moment now," Adelinde added.

"I see. Splendid job, Adelinde. What duties were she given?" Diluc said.

"Y/n was tasked to dust the furnitures, prepare the dining table, and pick grapes from the orchard this morning, Master Diluc," Adelinde started.

"I see," Diluc said. He saw for the first time a flower arrangement in the middle of the long dining table. The flowers were light peach and white which complemented the ambience of his mansion. 'Impressive,' he thought.

"Thirty minutes after she started, Master Kaeya came and approached me. He asked me about the new maid with long silver hair, then approached her. I introduced Master Kaeya and Y/N and relieved her of her duties, but she insisted on finishing the area she was assigned. She should be finished soon," Adelinde continued.

Diluc almost choked. Without showing it, he took a sip of his grape juice and then lightly coughed. Is Kaeya trying something on Y/N? Dammit, that man is a smooth talker.

"Where is Kaeya now?" Diluc asked.

"Master Kaeya insisted on accompanying y/n in the orchard," Adelinde said.

Diluc felt a strange emotion which he would likely identify as annoyance. Comes one day to this mansion and flirts with one of his maids? How despicable.

Diluc decided to order Adelinde to pick Kaeya up. "Tell Kaeya to come—"

"Good morning," greeted a tall blue-haired man with an eyepatch. "You miss me?" he said.

"Ah, there you are. I see that the Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius found time to pick a good seat in the feast," Diluc sarcastically said.

"Ah, the feast. Of course," Kaeya replied. He took the seat at the opposite end of the table. "That and something else made me find it rather amusing to be here today."

The two maids placed food in front of Kaeya.

"Adelinde," Kaeya called the head housemaid.

"Yes, Master Kaeya?" she replied.