The Winery Master and the Resonant Maiden

Diluc led you out of Dragonspine safely. You walked with him back to Dawn Winery. It is almost sunset by then.

As you walked out of the forest, you saw a gathering of people who were seemingly awaiting someone. You quickly deduced that it must be Diluc who they were waiting for.

"Uh, if I may... I do not wish to show myself," you told him.

Diluc turned around. "You can stay behind the tree, if only I had brought some rope with me. I apologize but I do not yet know if you can be trusted to wait and not disappear."

"I will wait here, I promise."

"I don't trust you yet."

"Please," you tried to insist.

"You can't be left alone," Diluc said as he continued to walk. You stopped walking, and he did too as soon as he noticed it. He looked at you.

You sighed. You grabbed your silver hair and offered it to Diluc, to his surprise.

"Here, tie me in one of the trees with my hair," you told him. "If you don't trust me, use this — my most prized possession."

~~~~~

DILUC POV

Diluc probably had to blink several times to make sure he isn't just seeing things.

The white maiden offered her waist-length silver hair for her to be tied in one of the trees so that she can be allowed not to face the people who awaited him.

'Why does she have to insist this nonsense?' Diluc thought. He sighed.

"Alright," Diluc pointed one of the trees on the side. "There, you will wait there until you are fetched."

"Thank you, my Lord," (y/n) said.

She walked slowly toward the tree. Halfway through, she looked around.

"I cannot tie myself alone," she told Diluc. She gently raised the hair on her clutched palm.

"No need. Stay there," he replied. (Y/n) nodded.

Diluc made his way to greet the people who are waiting for the second festival day's close.

"Master Diluc! We are glad you finally came!" the old man said. "Please, we await your closing speech for the second day of this marvelous festivity!"

And so Diluc addressed the people who gathered. He went to the elevated area near the edge of the orchard. The people, especially the ladies, marveled at the sight of the handsome bachelor prince.

But Diluc went to that elevation not to be admired by people. He went over there to easily glance at the direction of his prisoner. He saw a tiny part of her take a peek to his direction. Knowing (y/n) has not fled, Diluc started to address the people.

"Citizens of Teyvat, I thank you for yet another successful day. The Wein Summer Festival will continue for another day. As tradition, we shall be serving the best wine in all of Teyvat — the Dandelion wine — to your heart's content, on the final day of the festival. I shall see you again tomorrow."

~~~~~

READER POV

And so there, behind the tree, you watched from a distance as Diluc addressed the people in the festival.

After his speech, everyone clapped and cheered, clearly looking forward to the feast that awaits them tomorrow. Diluc was approached by fangirling maidens and businessmen to say their farewells. Three men approached Diluc and seemingly shielded him from the flocking people.