The Dance

"The moment I saw you, I thought you were not from here. And based on your outfit, I'd guess you were from Snezhnaya. And a Snezhnayan living under this roof is very curious. So, tell me your story. I wanna know."

Kaeya rather straightforwardly asked. His sharp stare, even with just a single eye, nudge you to speak your truth right away.

You told him your story starting with how you met Diluc, and then the specifics of your involvement with the Tsaritsa. Kaeya was clearly surprised.

"I see," Kaeya went into deep thought.

"Yes," you said. "That is why I need to leave as soon as possible."

"Unfortunately, that would be the worst possible solution. You see, Diluc is a great swordsman. And he has many connections, for instance, to me who is a Knight of Favonius Cavalry Captain. That in itself will be a lot of resources to protect you," Kaeya pointed out.

"If we leave you to flee on your own knowing the situation, there is no telling how long you can outrun the Fatui. There are Harbringers in several locations in Mondstadt and Liyue. You will only be safe under the protection of someone who rivals their powers. And Diluc, I should say, is at par or even better than most of the Harbringers. It is best for your to stay 'detained' here for the time being," Kaeya added.

You intertwined your hands together on the table. Now you understand why Diluc insists his dialogue. You really have nowhere to run.

"Yeah? So I would advise you to stop arguing with Diluc about leaving the premises. Even I will be against it," Kaeya said.

"The situation is now clear to me," you responded.

"Good. That will save us from worrying that you will disappear the moment we looked away."

You clutched your fist.

"At this rate, I cannot leave all the burden to you. I need to make myself stronger." You raised your face and looked Kaeya in the eye. "Will the Knights of Favonius be willing to train someone like me?"

Kaeya was taken aback but was quick to respond.

"Of cou—"

"Absolutely not."

Kaeya was interrupted by Diluc as the doors behind him were shut.

"Y/n already asked me, and I am definitely allowing it," Kaeya pointed out. He turned to you. "Maybe we can also check if there are spare rooms at Goth Grand Hote—"

"Her lodging is already covered. She is staying here. And I have been planning to train her personally all along so I would appreciate if you would drop your claim in this," Diluc said with clear annoyance.

"Very well, you know anyway the training program, given that you used to be a knight yourself," Kaeya made a sarcastic smile.

"And make her as inefficient and incapable as your knights? That is not going to happen," Diluc slammed him.

"Agree to disagree," Kaeya replied.

Y/n could only listened to the back-and-forth of the two. She avoided partaking in the discussion so as to not escalate the brewing tension.

It was during that awkward silence that Adelinde came with a man in tow.

"Excuse me, Master Diluc, Mr. Taylor is here," Adelinde said.

"Thank you. Have him take a seat for now," Diluc said.

Diluc faced Kaeya. "You may want to find a seat outside. The feast is starting soon. Jean and the others are also looking for you."