Bewitching Beauty

READER POV

You sighed in relief after closing the door to Diluc's room.

'He... kissed my hand,' you recalled. You felt your cheeks warm.

You sighed again.

'More importantly, I need to get ready to go to Mondstadt.' You smiled, knowing you'd get to explore a city outside Snezhnaya for the first time.

Adelinde met you as you descended the stairs.

"Y/N, I sent two new clothes to your room," she told you.

"Er?" you reacted. The last time you received one was the gown you wore when you danced with Diluc for the festival.

"It was Master Diluc's order." Adelinde slightly lowered her face. You were sure you saw her lips quiver.

"O-okay. Thank you, Adelinde," you told her.

"Adelinde," Diluc called out.

Adelinde raised her head to find Diluc looking at them from the second floor.

"Could you come here for a moment," Diluc commanded.

"At once," she replied. "Excuse me."

You nodded at her. You proceeded to bring Diluc's used breakfast utensils to the kitchen, then went to your room to check out the boxes.

After a nice bath, you opened each box.

(I purposely refrained from cropping the source/makers of these outfit designs

(I purposely refrained from cropping the source/makers of these outfit designs. Please find them in Pinterest should you take interest in their work.)

"How exquisitely beautiful," you whispered as you carefully spread the clothes over your bed to choose. You picked the one which you felt would be best for a walk in the city.

One by one, you wore the pieces of the outfit. After brushing your long, silver hair, you checked yourself in the mirror. So far, you like the outfit in you.

While you fixed your boots, someone knocked at your door.

"Y/N?" Adelinde called. "Master Diluc wants to summon you. He says you're leaving in 10 minutes."

"Okay, I am coming now," you replied. You made one final glance in the mirror to see your overall look.

"Hmmm!" You made a satisfied smile.

You left the room and went to the hall to meet Diluc who patiently waited by the fireplace, sipping tea.

"Diluc, I'm ready," you spoke.

"Good. I do not wish to waste anymore time waiting," he said. He stood and turned to you.

~~~~~

DILUC POV

Diluc observed the flames dance around in the fireplace as he listened to the crickets from the burning wood. He pondered about his impending visit to Angel's Share Tavern with Y/N.

'There are Fatuis in Mondstadt. I should have carefully considered that before inviting her.' He sighed.

'Well, the Fatui's are fixed in certain places. It is certainly possible to avoid them while still being able to show her around.'

He then mentally went through his errands.

'First, I must take the inventory of wines. Next, I have to attend to our customers at the tavern. Y/N can probably assist me there."

"Diluc, I'm ready." Diluc heard the gentle, soothing voice.

He closed his eyes.

"Good. I do not wish to waste anymore time waiting."

Diluc took his hands on his lap and stood from the soft couch. He turned to face Y/N.

'Ah!' He held his breath at the sight.

Diluc was awestruck at Y/N's appearance in her new outfit. And her smile... He gazed at the bewitching beauty that stood before him.

"Diluc, is there anything you need me to prepare for the trip?" Y/N asked.

Y/N's question quickly pulled him back to reality. He coughed lightly and fixed his coat.

"W-We require nothing more. Let's go..." he said.

"Alright," Y/N replied.

Y/N and Diluc left the mansion and walked to their ride. Diluc was still immersed in his thoughts.

'With that appearance... I cannot let her assist me in the tavern,' he thought.

He sighed at the solution his mind came up with.

'I probably should ask Kaeya to take her around the city.'

~~~~~