Chapter 5

"Andy why were you eavesdropping to our conversation??" I asked frustrated. She just grinned at me and walked in the office closing the door behind her.

"My sweet darling Marissa, you are going to an event of a lifetime and you need to have someone by your side that's going to sweep everyone off their feet tonight." She stated putting herself on the chair opposite me, next to Emily.

She placed her feet on my desk and I pushed them off. "Marissa darling I'm trying to get comfortable so I can think of a date for you." She said pouting.

"Andy I'll get a date for myself I don't need your help." "Oh no honey you do need my help." I rolled my eyes at her. "Listen Marissa I'm going to find a date for you and Emily is going to help me find it."

"I am??" "She is??" Both Emily and I asked as we looked at her confused. "Yes Emily you are going to help me find a date for miss Wilson right here."

"No Andy I won't let you include Emily in this madness of yours. Emily please get someone to prepare the broad room for the meeting with the Grey brothers." I said. She immediately stood up and headed for the door.

Andy started laughing and throwing her head back with laughter. I just looked at her bored. I wonder how she became my best friend. She then stopped laughing and wiped of the imaginary tears.

"You make me laugh. Sometimes I wonder how you became CEO because you not even intimidating and you tried to scare off the poor girl but you didn't even try. You only made her giggle as she left the room." She said in the middle of a laughter.

She then stopped and looked at me serious like she wasn't laughing minutes ago. Psycho best friend I tell you. She then started speaking again.

"But on a serious note, you need to get a date to this event, I mean I'm going with Lisa and you going alone and it won't be fair. You my best friend and if it's possible I'll go with you and Lisa together."

"Andy it's okay I'll find someone before the event starts." "No Marissa I'm going to find a date for you. I know you don't like the idea of me finding a date for you but I promise you I'll find you the person fit to be your date."

She spoke sincerely and I gave up. She's right I don't like the ideas she comes up with but I hope she thinks of a right person for me. I looked at her as she bit her lip thoughtfully looking around the office. She looked at me as if her brain light bulb had switched on and smiled evilly.

"What if you went to the event with the hot lawyer??" She blurt and smiled innocently. I looked at her with widen eyes. "See why I always don't always like your ideas? That's a dumb thing to do I can't just ask her to be my date whilst she's my lawyer. What will Andrew say at the event??"

"Andrew doesn't own any part of your life anymore he left you for a gay man and I don't think I'd bother him I mean he has moved on from you." "But he'll say how am I gay." "Honey you not gay you just on an event date with your hot lawyer."

I sighed. I hope this doesn't hurt anyone.  It would hurt to try and go on a date with Brooke just for professional purposes. I don't see this as a bad idea. I looked at Andy and sighed once again.

"For the first time I agree with you." I stated she smiled widely shouting a yes like a kid who just won a box of candy from a soccer game. I giggled at her action. My cute best friend is excited about this.

"I have a meeting with her and Andrew along with his lawyer today at 11:00 today so I'll try asking her then. I'm nervous though what if she says no??"

"Trust me, she won't say no she'll agree." Andy reassured me smiling innocently. I guess I'll just have to find out for myself.

- - - -

I just had a meeting and I was still seated in the board room. Andrew said it was best to have the meeting at the board room at my building apparently so I just stayed here. Andy had texted Brooke to inform her about the meeting we are having today and she said she'll arrive before the time so she'd discuss with me first.

I watched at the old clock on the wall ticked as I tapped my foot on the fall. I was nervous. Andrew is getting what he finally wants. But he wants my company too. I was taken out of my thoughts when I had a soft knock on the door. I mumbled a come in.

In the room entered Brooke holding her briefcase and walking towards the table. She took a seat next to me smiling. "Good morning miss Wilson." I returned the gesture. "Good morning Brooke."

"Are you ready for today??" I sighed. Was I really ready to give away everything hmm?? Was I letting Andrew win?? I just looked at Brooke and nodded. She took out everything that was needed from the brief case and placed it on the table. She started telling me she'd handle this and I shouldn't say a word. I just nodded because I knew if I spoke to them I'd throw a tantrum.

The board room door creaked open and it revealed Andrew walking in with the family lawyer, Candice. She smiled at me and I returned the smile nervously.
They took their seats and we started with the meeting.

- - - - - -

"So Mr Henderson, my client here is asking if she signs these divorce papers you won't be taking anything from her??" Brooke said in a professional voice.

Candice spoke up, "Miss Davis I don't think you and your client read my client's papers well. It perfectly stated he wants the company under his name..." When she was about to continue, Andrew raised a hand to stop her from talking.

He then spoke, "I'll just get out of her life and leave the company to her. I don't want drama from my parents." Brooke just nodded. "Mr Henderson if I may ask, why don't you want anything to do with the baby she's carrying??"

Candice looked shocked and Andrew looked like the cat had caught his tongue. Satisfaction is definitely written on my face. "Because my new partner wouldn't want anything to do with something from my past."

I was about to stand up and throw a tantrum but Brooke placed her hand on my thigh to ease me. I looked at her shocked but she was looking at Andrew and Candice. "Okay Mr Henderson that will be all. I'll just have my client here sign your papers so we can go." She pulled the papers that Candice had given her and put them in front of me with a pen on top of them.

I looked at the papers and at Andrew hesitantly. I then looked at Brooke who's next me but she gave me a nod. I  took the pen in my hand and looked at Andrew. Fuck it. I signed the papers and shoved them at him and placed the pen on the table carelessly. I got up and left the board room.

I did it. I signed the paper and now I'm free. But I'm still pregnant. I took elevator to my office. It dinged and I got out walking to my office. I got in and took of my heels as I sat on my couch. I sighed. Finally free I said in my thoughts while holding my tummy.

I'm free finally.